Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tahoe wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2007, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tahoe wiper blades

I recently purchased a 2007 Tahoe LTZ and dislike the wiper blades. I want to replace the blades with the Anco winter blades but unable tobecause of the clip on the arm. Anyone have any suggestions on how I can switch them over to Anco.
Old December 15th, 2007, 7:22 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Default RE: Tahoe wiper blades

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. I've seen other threads discussing this and stating that Trico, Bosch, SilBlade, & Michelin all carry replacements with our fitment. Not sure if any carry a winter blade tho.
Old January 11th, 2009, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

***************** PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW ****************

This review only applies to Rain-X Latitude-2 wiper blade designed for what Rain-X describes as Insert & Lock (I&L) wiper arms. This 22” wiper blade fits all 2007 and later models of Cadillac Escalade (all models), Chevrolet Silverado, Suburban and Tahoe, GMC Sierra and Yukon amongst other manufacturers.
This wiper blade was purchased because of a recommendation in the November 2008 issue of Consumers Reports. In all fairness to CR only the Rain-X Latitude non dash 2 were tested.The attachment for the blade to the wiper arm is not very robust (unlike the original General Motors OEM blades for Pinch Tab Wiper Arms) and keeps disengaging from the arm when it is lifted for cleaning the windshield (of snow and ice). The metal shoe which is fastened to the blade detaches easily from the plastic arm attachment device. These wiper blades are more expensive then others and yet their attachment method is not as secure as the original OEM blades. It could be quite possible for the Rain-X Latitude-2 to disengage from the wiper arm while driving (in a storm)! Apparently Rain-X did not test this design with snow and ice on the windshield. What was wrong with the OEM attachment design?These wiper blade were purchased directly from Rain-X. Contacting Rain-X regarding this issue has been an exercise in futility. They have not recognized the seriousness of this issue.
Old January 11th, 2009, 6:28 PM
Administrator

This is a good testimonial against both Rain-X (which does make a good rain repellent) and Consumer Reports.

Never put much faith in CR anyway.
Old December 21st, 2009, 8:33 PM
CF Beginner

I was also having trouble replacing the wiper blade on my Tahoe. Is there any detailed guide or DIY kit that I can purchase or find? Need it badly. thanks!

Last edited by mikeross; December 21st, 2009 at 9:17 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

Default Not sure it is just Rain-X

I am not sure the problem is limited ot rain-x. I bought Bosche replacment wipers and they work great but the passenger side blade also has a tendency to disengage when I am cleaning the window. It has done this too me several times. I have not had it happen in a storm yet but we are going to the snow next week so I am a little nervous.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 6:43 PM
CF Active Member

I have the Rain x blades on my Sub and they attach very well and clean better than the OEM w/ o any chatter.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 8:10 PM
Administrator

I read in another forum that there was a notice (not sure if it was a TSB) pertaining to wiper problems and the fix was to replace the arms w/ ones that used the conventional attachment method.

BTW the 2010s come w/ the old style arms. I never had a problem w/ the old ones and the blades, while more expensive, lasted longer, cleaned well, and didn't lift at high speeds.
Old January 2nd, 2010, 12:14 AM
CF Active Member

I too have not had any issues with the Rain-X blades, short of being more expensive. But I don't deal with ice/snow. Once I figured out which ones fit, I was happy with the choice.