Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Thanks for the add, help needed

Search this Thread

Old December 30th, 2018, 7:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for the add, help needed

I recently acquired a 2011 Suburban LTZ and have stumbled upon a minor issue which is making me crazy.

My cargo area dome light is not working. I checked the bulb, and it was blown so I replaced it expecting the new bulb to light right up- no light. i replaced the bulb again thinking maybeI got a dud - still no light.

All other dome lights work, i have checked the fuses I would guess ties to the cargo dome, but cant find anything wrong.

Is there a fuse the cargo dome is linked to i may be missing? Any suggestion what could be wrong? is ther a switch somewhere i do not know about which controls this dome?

Thanks in advance!
Old December 30th, 2018, 9:49 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 162 Likes on 134 Posts

We have a 2005 Yukon and believe that there's actually a switch for that, so one can turn off that light if the hatch is open (I drive that like 3 times a year, Mrs. Cusser tows with it). So check the owner's manual.
Old December 30th, 2018, 3:40 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Did you check the fuses on the end of the dash on the driver side?
Old December 31st, 2018, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no switch listed in the owners manual for the cargo light that I can find othet than the dome light override which I understand.

i checked the fuse box by the door, nad the dome fuse, and all other applicable fuses seem to be good. Looks like there is a center fuse box under the dash to the left of the steering column which has 2 fuses labeled headliner 1 and 2. i havent opened this yet, but looks to be blocks rather than mini fuses- anyone know what these control? owners manual did not elaborate.