Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Are there 2 ambient temp sensors for 2012 suburban?

Old June 7th, 2019, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there 2 ambient temp sensors for 2012 suburban?

I'm getting the blinking 3 times AC light. A lot I've read says that it's the ambient air temp sensor saying it's too cold.
My dash air temp reads fine. I took off the one in front grille and my dash temp went away, I out it back and I get the dash temp again.
So There's either two temp sensors or the the blinking light is a different thing.
I saw somewhere else there there is a second ambient air temp sensor. I can't find it if there is one.

Does anyone know if there are two? and where the one that controls the AC located?

Jim
Old June 7th, 2019, 9:46 AM
CF Junior Member

No. There is only one ambient temp sensor. Typically, if your A/C light blinks, the system is low on freon.
Old June 7th, 2019, 11:18 AM
CF Beginner

Yesh.. The freon was low. Lets hope it's just a small leak.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: