Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Thinking about getting new Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old June 10th, 2013, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about getting new Tahoe

So we have an expanding family and need to get larger family car.

The 2013 Tahoe seems like a good choice. We are considering a Yukon or even Acadia as options.

Anyway, I wanted to get everyone's opinions and/or tips on these SUVs. Thinking about the LT model, 2wd, a few add ons to make my wife happy. Are any of the tire sizes preferred over others? We hope to get 20" but can settle for 18" tires. Any options we should and should not consider?

What is the benefits of the Z71 suspension add on compared to base model?

Any mpg comments? Really 15 mpg in town? 18mpg on highway?

We will use our companies purchase program, anybody know if this would be the best price or to negotiate? Any price stories to tell on 2012-2013 Tahoes? I am a ford guy, selling his truck to help his wife have an SUV she dreams about...

Thanks.
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:25 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the forum

my wife and i just picked up a pre owned 07 burb LTZ, but not much has changed in '13. we absolutely love it so far! I too got rid of a ford to get into this one but after all the problems i had with the ford, i was done. im getting 13mpg in town realistically and can push over 20 (22-24) mpg hwy if i cruise 60-70mph. imho i think the chevy's are one of the best on the market. i considered an 08-12 sequoia but being that i had a tundra already, i kinda didn't want 2 of the same, but have been a fan of the 07-current chevy's. a lot of people will warn about cracking dash and oil consumption and minor other things. the major i've read about was issues with the afm system and needing engine replacement. which had me worried because we bought out of warranty. definately get the 20's it's like night and day as far as looks. i say pull the trigger, your wife will be happy which means you'll be happy. now if GM can make these massive vehicles get 40mpg!!!