Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900
Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:18 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

throttle position sensor

Search this Thread

Old January 20th, 2012, 9:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

73 shark thanks for all of the informaion it been real useful. also i never payed to get the throttle clean i did it myself and no light so far. but all those diagnostic machines i keep in mind. i orderd my lock pick ill post the out come
Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
CF Beginner

so i got the lockpick and it works great. now i have been hearing that the 07 and up have a problem with the dash boards cracking. do u guys think that they will have a recall for that issue. btw mine has a small crack right where the passenger air bag is at.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 9:01 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Check out the "Cracked dash" thread.
Old January 8th, 2013, 9:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Tps

I have a 2010 Chevy Equinox, and on the way home, my engine and stabilitrac light came on, and slowed from 60mph to 20mph it said Engine power is reduced, service stabilitrac. I took it to O'Riley's and the digital read out said Throttle Position Sensors 1-2 Not Plausible. Does anyone know what this means, and if there is an easy, cheaper fix?
Old January 9th, 2013, 1:13 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default not-a-recall

I got a letter from GM last night that 'some' 09 Tahoes have TPS issues... lovely...
Old December 13th, 2013, 9:01 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Driving to work this morning my 10 tahoe it stalled out. Both times the initial indication of "Stabiltrak disabled" came on, followed by "Service Stabilitrak" followed by "Service Traction Control" lastly followed by "Reduce Engine Power" and eventually the engine stalled out.
Old December 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

hustlingforjesus,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. Have you had a chance to have your Chevrolet dealership look into this for you? Please private message me your name, VIN, address, phone number, mileage, and dealership.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old December 30th, 2013, 11:03 AM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just replace my Throttle position sensor. Actually, all I needed to do was clean the throttle body and it took about an hour. The build up on the inner body surface was enough so to set the DTC code and light the Service engine Soon light in the dash. What I was provided for as a TPS (and easily replaced ) was an accelerator pedal as the engine rpm is no longer controled by a cable. Being a GM employee I was able to by the part for just over $50. Definitely will cost you more at dealer and likely to get charged for at least an hour of labor to replace it. It's likely they may need to clear your Suburbans PCM of codes after it being replaced or throttle body being cleaned.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help!!

I have a 2010 Chevy Malibu, it started running crappy on Friday and would only go very slow and the check engine light came on after a few mins. I pulled over shut it off and after about 10mins turned back on and it drove ok , took it in to be looked at and not only did they say its not covered under my warranty and or extended warranty they hit me a $ 498 to fix and $98 charge for even looking at it which they failed to mention would be my cost ! Any one else have this issue
Old December 2nd, 2014, 9:44 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

You're in the Tahoe section. What's your mileage? Seems like anything that trips the CEL would be covered either under the Powertrain or Emissions warranty. Not sure what your extended warranty covers but the GMPP covers bumper to bumper for the mileage/months purchased for.