Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Time to kick it up a knotch.

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2006, 6:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to kick it up a knotch.

i said if you have an opinion then thats great but so do other ppl. from what i can tell you can back up what you say and thats great. my statment was geard more twords nchevyhevn about snap judjing you for stating your opinion. i dont know what bolt ons work for all cars and trucks. if you have had a chance to test them then so much the better for us right?
Old August 8th, 2006, 6:19 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, that makes perfect sense to me now.
Old August 8th, 2006, 6:40 PM
CF Beginner

I didn't mean to 'stir you guys up'.
Thanks for the replys. I still am not sure what direction to go, but am beginning to think this may get deeper than I first thought.
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:29 PM
CF Addict

The cold hard reality is that; if you were to spend hundreds of dollars on a cat-back exhaust system, free flow intake and maybe a Hypertec Power Programmer and now you’re sitting at the light and another 2007 Tahoe pulls up next to you and you both go ***** out, the truck with the least amount of weight in it or the lowest gear ratio is probably going to win the contest.
Now if you have a supercharger, then that’s all she wrote.
Old August 9th, 2006, 3:20 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nomad76lj

i said if you have an opinion then thats great but so do other ppl. from what i can tell you can back up what you say and thats great. my statment was geard more twords nchevyhevn about snap judjing you for stating your opinion. i dont know what bolt ons work for all cars and trucks. if you have had a chance to test them then so much the better for us right?
I only said something because he was pretty much throwing stuff out without any info of where he got it from. If he would have said his company does dyno tests or something of that sort then all would have been well. Which all is well now though.

I see alot of times on the internet and in person people just throw stuff out of the air cause they heard one other person say it or something like that. Not vary many people actually research why something is. People say the sky is blue but you shouldn't just accept it you shoud ask why.

For the guy with the dyno runs does you company test any other GM trucks?
Old August 9th, 2006, 1:39 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: Nomad76lj
People say the sky is blue but you shouldn't just accept it you shoud ask why.

For the guy with the dyno runs does you company test any other GM trucks?

I could have understood a snotty comeback from you had I posted something that was obvious bs or came off cocky..

Now trust me on this one; if someone tells you that "The sky is blue" go ahead and accept it, don't argue you'll just look like a damn idiot.

The division of the company I work for has tested all rear drive GM and a few other manufacturer’s products for various performance characteristics, although we don’t spend much time in the garage testing performance parts.

Old August 19th, 2006, 12:12 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

The cold hard reality is that; if you were to spend hundreds of dollars on a cat-back exhaust system, free flow intake and maybe a Hypertec Power Programmer and now you’re sitting at the light and another 2007 Tahoe pulls up next to you and you both go ***** out, the truck with the least amount of weight in it or the lowest gear ratio is probably going to win the contest.
Now if you have a supercharger, then that’s all she wrote.

Since the topic of supercharger was brought up.... I have an '07 Tahoe LT2 4WD... Can I put a SC on my tahoe for more power when they become availible? If so.....what additional modifications must be made with the addition of the SC? What would be the effect on the 4WD? Would the SC make considerable (in cab) noise? Thanks for your help.
Old August 21st, 2006, 3:28 PM
CF Addict

You can install a supercharger on the new 07 Tahoe's and you had better be able to hear some gear whine in the cab otherwise; what's the point?

The high quality kits available will come with every part needed to complete the install although the key here is to make sure that the install is performed by a mechanic or facility that has experience in the fine art of forced-induction.

Your power-train warranty is void at the first sign of boost and you must use the highest quality gasoline available to avoid launching a piston through your hood, which brings up another good point; avoid any system that uses water injection as a means to control detonation.
Use the extra power sparingly when locked into 4 wheel-drive or you could twist up some parts.
Whipple seams to be the one of the premier aftermarket supercharger manufacturers, I have owned their products and have been very pleased with the quality and performance.
Old August 21st, 2006, 5:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea the really good kits will come with everything you need. The big thing on most from what I hear is getting enough fuel. I've seen some where the raise the voltage to the fuel pump, bigger fuel lines, or sometimes even a second fuel line. Depends upon your application. I havn't looked into it yet but it seems that a supercharger would be able to fit the newer 07 5.3s tahoes but I'm not sure.