Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

TPS SENSOR/ Engine light comes on/off

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2010, 8:15 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS SENSOR/ Engine light comes on/off

I have a 2007 Tahoe LTZ, recently my engine light came on and checked the code. It shows a TPS sensor. Throttle position sensor PEDAL/throttle body sensor. I have replaced the pedal position sensor and the light turned off 2 days later the light comes back on. I have it reset and next day the light comes back on, change the oil since it needed it and the light turned off. Again! 2 days later the light comes back on. Can someone tell me where I can find a throttle body sensor only bc GM will only sell the whole body with sensor or if there is a better aftermarket body. Thanks
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I'd try the auto parts stores and search on the web. Maybe you can get a P/N off of yours.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 11:27 PM
CF Beginner

No where, I have an 04 suburban and I just replaced the throttle body because I needed the sensor. Only sold as a whole. Best price I found was Kragen/orieley. Good luck to you.take good care of all harnesses and wire connectors or you will have a problem chasing a ghost with a reduced engine power mode.
Old March 11th, 2014, 10:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default tps replacement

tps only, can be purchased on e-bay motors Hamilton chevy e-bay store. ac Delco Gm #19259452. This is the one that is mounted with clips not screws. But I did see them on e-bay with screws.

Last edited by street rod 32; March 15th, 2014 at 6:46 PM. Reason: got part #
Old March 22nd, 2014, 7:49 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default TPS Sensor

I did the same thing when my 08 Suburban put out a code for the Throttle Position Sensor. Replacing the accelerator pedal (TPS ) along with inspecting the harness attached to the throttle plate. Before making any other purchases, I removed the Throttle body and cleaned it of all deposits on it. It had quite a build up and cleaned up with ease. After reinstalling the throttle body the Service engine Soon light went off. The engine took a few miles to relearn the correct idle. But, after about a hundred miles it ran fine and the light has not come back on.

Cleaning the throttle body is really pretty simple. Hope this helps as I know it is a common problem with a easy cure.