Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Transer Case Contro Module

Search this Thread

Old February 4th, 2014, 12:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transer Case Contro Module

I need some help on this one, I have searched here, Avalanches, and Trucks with no luck. 2008 Suburban 4x4 VIN 3GNFK16318G27xxxx
My CEL is on and I have gotten 2 codes P0102 for the MAF, I replaced it with a new one and have not had any more problems out of it.
the second code is U0102 for the TCCM, the code reads lost communication with transfer case control module. this started in early winter, but never resulted in a CEL, every time the temperature would drop into the 20's I would get the service 4 wheel drive message, but it would go off after the engine warmed up. now it is on all the time and will not clear. I have checked all the electrical connections, everything is clean and tight. I have no indicator lights on the transfer case switch, and it will not go into 4 wheel drive. sometimes when I drive it the transmission will not go into passing gear under heavy acceleration and the transmission temperature will rise above normal (200 degrees on 2 occasions) I know I have lost communication with the transfer case but I don't know what part to replace, and I don't want to just start throwing parts at it until I find the right one. can someone help me out on this one?
I also have an erratic idle sometimes, lifter tapping noise at start-up, and a rattling noise over bumps in the rear suspension, any thoughts on these would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks
Old February 4th, 2014, 3:34 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello jlmorgan73,

I just received your PM and will be responding shortly.

Thanks,

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care