Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Transmission temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2015, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Transmission temp gauge

I recently had to get my cluster rebuilt the gauges were acting up and lights were blown.
I had the transmission temp gauge added to the cluster but it never moves off the 100 mark.
I have sent emails to others about getting this gauge to function or looking for some help but with no luck in response.

I have also emailed the company that rebuilt the entire cluster and I am waiting on a answer from them...or rather some type of suggestion from them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for starters?

2004 Suburban 5.3L with towing package

07/07/2015
Made phone calls to GM/Chevy and spoke with some 2-techs. They also do not understand why it is not functioning. They sent me the build sheet and the PCM information (C1 and C2) for the wire terminal locations and wire colors to trouble shoot this issue. So tonight is me and my meter along with pulling the cluster apart and checking the solder joints.

Last edited by gstuck1956; July 7th, 2015 at 1:30 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old July 6th, 2015, 7:34 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

I believe there's a thread that discusses how to get the transmission gauge programmed for your vehicle. Hopefully someone will come along and provide that info here. You can also try the search feature to see if you can find that thread.
Old July 7th, 2015, 12:33 AM
CF Active Member

Welcome to the forum, and I would hope you have some type of connection to the transmission oil pan by means of a Sending unit through a wire harness that will hook to the dash cluster. I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is any factory connection, therefore you gauge is not working. You might look @ www.YouTube.com for directions and video. JMHO
David g.
Old July 7th, 2015, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thread

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum.

I believe there's a thread that discusses how to get the transmission gauge programmed for your vehicle. Hopefully someone will come along and provide that info here. You can also try the search feature to see if you can find that thread.
I have looked for a thread but have not been able to locate any...there are about 5000 lol
Old July 7th, 2015, 7:49 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

I am on the road currently. Send a PM to in2pro and ask if he can find the thread for you.
Old July 8th, 2015, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by justimagination
Welcome to the forum, and I would hope you have some type of connection to the transmission oil pan by means of a Sending unit through a wire harness that will hook to the dash cluster. I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is any factory connection, therefore you gauge is not working. You might look @ www.YouTube.com for directions and video. JMHO
David g.
I contacted gm/Chevy and the DIC has the program already installed. They gave me pins out and wire colors for the PCM and I am currently looking into that area. Thanks
Old July 10th, 2015, 9:35 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Look for the June 30th posts about the same thing. Did the repair shop mention that the trans gauge Would or Would NOT work and program it to work ? If all else is well you may have to take/send the cluster to be re-done the way you want it to work. Maybe your repair place will do you a favor but don't expect it to be free. *BW*
Old July 13th, 2015, 7:20 PM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by gstuck1956
I contacted gm/Chevy and the DIC has the program already installed. They gave me pins out and wire colors for the PCM and I am currently looking into that area. Thanks
MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea it was programed in the system, just goes to show you learn something new everyday.
David g.
Old July 25th, 2015, 1:06 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gstuck1956

Could you share the pin outs with the rest of us for future work. Thanks. *BW*