Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

trip # 800 billion to the dealer. (26th)

Search this Thread

Old July 13th, 2011, 8:47 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default trip # 800 billion to the dealer. (26th)

26th documented trip to the dealer for this piece of $hit truck. I hate GM with a passion.

My RIGHT 12v power port on the dash doesn't work. the LEFT one does. both USED to. I do not believe they are on TWO fuses... so it's under warrenty, let them mess with it.

but what a hassle this junker is. this is, DOCUMENTED trip #26 to the dealer. for a Tahoe purchased for $53,300 out the door,LTZ, with SIX miles on it. NEW.

Never. Again. I've warned everyone I've ever met to avoid GM like the plauge. There is no amount of money, care, or words that could ever make up for the stress, time, and general crappyness that is my 2009 Tahoe.... everytime I get near it all I can think is how much time I've wasted on it. I don't even bother to wash the thing any more I hate it so much.

My co-worker's brand new 2011 Caddy... has been to the dealer now 6 times. at least they give him a respectable loaner... for the $46k he spent he gets a caddy. for the $53 I spent, I get... the shaft.

his salesman said he could add Caddilac remote start. dealer now says ohh,we can't.

the sat nav in his freezes all the time, to the point where they just replaced it, and now it squeeks when it moves up/down, and he has a rattle in the dash with the A/C on max that didn't exist before....

Anyway, truck goes in Tuesday!

Ford has MyFord Touch, turbo charged fuel injected engines that are all new, with great 6 speeds, and hey, they are adding an OnStar competitor!

Ford has made all the right moves in the past 10 years, while GM gets fatter and worse.

YOU HEAR ME YET paid forum trolls... telling me to see the dealer is like telling me you own a horse.

I"ll file w/the BBB again and get another check. I'm averaging $150 per visit. just to file some paper work online

I never wanted something for free, I just wanted a product that worked day one and would work until it's life was over. 2 years is not over. I ended up with eternal damnnation in hell w/this Tahoe....
Old July 13th, 2011, 9:13 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

STS, where was your Tahoe manufactured?
Old July 13th, 2011, 11:56 AM
CF Addict

Default location

Texas, with spit and some gum. and they went light on the gum.

1. voice commands for destinations never worked since new - 14 trips later, $940 check
2. bluetooth incoming / outgoing caller ID never worked, 6 trips $340 check, now 90% incoming calls work (out going is 40%)
3. rattle in drivers door 6 trips
4. OnCraK modules - 3 now.
5. driver's heated seat fails - 3 trips to dealer. (first one to diagnose, then 2nd parts, 3rd time success)
6. Random dead batteries (I went to an optima yellow top, on my own dime)
7. wheels yellowing - dealer says is normal. last month of my warrenty I expect 4 new wheels. (my 14 year old 285,000 mile 1995 tahoe wheels were in better shape after FOURTEEN YEARS than these cheap wheels).

that's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I've forgotten something... GM can't do tech. plain and simple. if it's more high-tech than an etch-a-sketch and it's made by GM... RUN!

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; July 13th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old July 13th, 2011, 2:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are all built at the Arlington, TX facility I believe including the Yukon and Escalades - I have the little sticker on the inside of my drivers side door.
STS you obviously have bad luck with your truck - by far not the norm with this vehicle though. you love to start these threads and I don't blame you for being mad but I would have sold the truck a long time ago if I were you or just not been so OCD with the truck. I know you may lose $ but you would not have to deal with your lemon...but as you say you usually end up making $ on these trips so could be worse?
Old July 13th, 2011, 3:09 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Well put.
Old July 14th, 2011, 5:54 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with STS. When you spend $53K, you expect it to work and when it breaks you expect to have corporate backup / ability to fix it. GM wants to reinvent itself and regain its stature as a world #1.
The best way to do that is to back up their product. By slighting the consumer who pays big bucks, they lose their credibility. Eventually the consumer goes to a competitor. Ford seems to be putting their money where their mouth is as STS states.
I've had issues with my 08 Sub. I like the truck, but am extremely disappointed in GM's back up of the product. And GM does not care either. That's the kicker.

Last edited by 08 burb fan; July 14th, 2011 at 5:56 AM.
Old July 14th, 2011, 6:08 AM
CF Beginner

I've never had any problems with Customer service, im guessing it might be location.
Attached Thumbnails trip # 800 billion to the dealer. (26th)-clearwater-20110704-00238.jpg  
Old July 14th, 2011, 8:01 AM
CF Addict

Default Service

NO, not at all. Both local dealers have been very helpful in correcting issues, even washing / hand drying, picking me up, dropping me off to work, etc.

But why in the hell should a truck, bought new, for $53,000.00 with 6 miles on it, have to go to the dealer so many times I'm on a first name basis with everyone there?

The service guys and manager are GREAT. they fix what needs fixed for me, and take my verbal abuse with a smile. I've told them over and over, you guys are great, but the product you were given is ****.

I can't sell it. I spent $53k on it, I'm running it 10 years at the least, or until I drive it off a cliff.

My friend own's a sign company, I'll have him make me a large vinyl sign for the back that says "DON'T BUY GM, ASK ME WHY" with my phone number under it. maybe that will get GMs attention...

I wouldn't be OCD for a $14,000 or possibly even $30,000 SUV, but I spent $53,400 + intrest payments.

If GM would give me $50,000.00 right now, I'd walk from it. maybe even consider $45,000.00 to walk.

But I will fight, keep fighting, keep reading, keep bringing it up, and make sure anyone and everyone I can ever reach knows the issues I've had.

I don't know how long it takes you to earn $53,300 clear, but it takes me quite a while. I expect some quality and a working product for that.

Expecting a product to work as advertised or described is not OCD. It's a requirement.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; July 14th, 2011 at 8:06 AM.
Old July 14th, 2011, 8:56 AM
CF Active Member

Do you live in the US? If so, which state?
Old July 14th, 2011, 9:04 AM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

You would like to think that the build quality for the Tahoe to the Escalade would be identical and only the level of appointments would be the difference...
I have yet to find any incidences of cracked dashes on the Escalade...

The Tahoe is considered the base model, the most affordable for this platform and to keep in in a price range for profit there are corners to be cut and that corner is materials and craftsmanship...

my 2¢....

Quick Reply: trip # 800 billion to the dealer. (26th)