Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Vent visors

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2006, 10:46 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent visors

I am going to put on some vent visors the in channel type. I do not want them to stick to the vehicle paint so thats why I am purchasing the in channel type. Now the question: do these harm the rubber window moulding in any way? I dont want to stretch the rubber width wise after time. Is this a concern or am I just being ****?
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:10 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Vent visors

I had the in-channel ones on my 04 Avalanche. They didn't do any damage to the rubber, felt, or any other part of the window.

They also didn't stay firmly secured in there either. Try them out and let me know what you think. I'll all for not using double-stick tape on my new Tahoe, but it is what it is.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Gonna use me as a guine pig huh!! I am going to get a set tomorrow (unless I get negative responses) and install them Saturday. I put a set on my f-250 and I really like them. The last set I got had a adhesive primer to put on before you put them on and that really helped but on the ford trucks they stick outside on the rubber moulding. I will post after the install and let you know how it went.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 2:12 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have yet had the inchannel visors. I have always had the exterior sticking sytles.

I thought the inchannel was to compensate for the outer style that always worked lose after time? My external ones never stayed attached. I think your adhesive primer was just an alcohol pad?
Old November 3rd, 2006, 2:34 AM
CF Active Member

you're not being **** RedBoat-my boss is ****! when he put a set of in-channel vent visors on his '03 Avalanche, he went and bought extra adhesive primer wipes, just to make sure they would have a nice clean surface to stick to. he has had them on for about 1 1/2 yrs. now and no problems what-so-ever.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:35 AM
CF Junior Member

biglg, they actually have an adhesive primer in addition to the alcohol pad now. The first set I put on my ford a couple of years ago didnt have the primer and after applying the primer this time I can tell they stuck much better.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 11:10 AM
davemec

I put a set of Lund in channel ones on my Trailblazer, and they worked great. They still used the 3m tape, but it stuck to the inside of the channel. They were very easy to put on too. I am thinking about getting them for the Tahoe also, but haven't looked into anything yet.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 11:36 AM
CF Addict

Does the adhesive promotor come with the visor, or is it a seperate purchase?
Old November 3rd, 2006, 2:07 PM
CF Junior Member

It comes with the visor in a little packet just like the alcohol pad. You wipe it on after you clean with the alcohol wipe. You can also buy it at some auto parts houses.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 3:31 PM
CF Addict

Thanks redboat. I purchased a set in the last year that didnt have the adhesive, they were Vent Visor Brand. Maybe they have it now.

I was debating on whether to get the the inchannel. If anyone gets some please let me know how they work out.

Quick Reply: Vent visors