Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Water leak omg!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old December 22nd, 2014, 7:25 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leak omg!!!!!!!!!

2008 Burban LT 124k miles

I used the search tool, and tried typing water leak,And i think half of my problem might have been resolved.

PROBLEM: There is water on the driver side floor. Pulled carpet up a little and the pad is soaked. , I guess ill try to vacuum it at the car wash. It is more wetter towards the drivers side door.. The more closer u move towards the middle console, its dry!!! I looked at drivers side door seal, i really cant tell if water is coming thru there. I looked at windshield, and i really dont know what im looking for. I know i dont see a hole in the windshield.

PROBLEM #2 there is water in the back cargo area, but im thinking it might be that boot , i know i had some people install a rear view camera for me, so ill check that

But lets go back to problem 1, i've googled and scanned through places and some say the drainage might be clogged. If it is, does someone have a walkthru on how to check it, or release it? I saw a black line under the padding on the drivers side (it had a rubber bushing on it) is that the drainage?
Also, truck had been sitting for maybe a week we had about 2 days of major rain, and the next day, i wanted to joyride, and i saw that. Has anyone had these issues? Oh, and my windshield does have a factory GM logo sticker on the inside.
Old December 22nd, 2014, 8:02 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Hey Romeo5k good to see you again

Yes on #2 the boot around the harness, I posted that one, just take your time to work that boot seal back in and it should be all good, I used some silicone lubricating paste to make it easier to go back in and to also aide in providing additional seal (it doesn't dry like calk or anything but the greasy effect helps shed water)

#1 I think is your sun roof drain if you have the sun roof... if not its likely the satellite antenna, the windshield should be pretty well sealed but I won't say never on that...