Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

What would you like to see done differently?

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2006, 12:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What would you like to see done differently?

In addition to what was already stated, would add to that: (1) organize the center console better. I like the big new open space it provides but things just get thrown in there without any organization. A slot in the top of the inside lid should be present to hold folded maps, there is no way to hold coins for tollways and parking meters either. I find that annoying. With all the space in the console, it could have been organized better. (2) I would have liked a heated steering wheel. Sounds stupid and I'd have never known how nice it is except my wife's BMW X5 has it and i love it. With everything else the Tahoe has, that seems pretty easy to add. (3) remote eye sensor in the front somewhere so you dont have to reach into the back to get your remote to work the overhead DVD -- that is a pain (4) iPod interface that allows your iPod to be displayed onto the NAV screen in the front; I know you can get it connected and play the audio through AUX, but the graphic interface would be better to control your iPod while its hidden somewhere like in the glove box or the huge center console.

Just my random additions. I am very pleased otherwise than the above.
Old December 1st, 2006, 4:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jesus DASH! It's not nitpickiing. If I wanted a Denali I would have bought one.

I was pointing out the options that are brand or package specific I would like to get my hands on for my vehicle.

Opinions are okay to have aren't they? This should be a nice place to share them and provide info. How about when someone shares their opinion, especially when solicited, we don't tell them it isn't right. Then feel free to share yours.
Old December 1st, 2006, 5:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Tahoe:

If you can read, you would note that I said that SOME of the comments were nitpicking. That is MY opinion. Get a life.
Old December 1st, 2006, 8:46 PM
CF Senior Member

Guys, let's stay on topic. Bottom line and I think you'll both agree that it's fun to customize. I want that damn Denali steering wheel but not the headlights. Just my opinion.
Old December 1st, 2006, 9:45 PM
CF Beginner

Im actually really happy with my 07 tahoe. everyone should know the first prod. year has glitches , thats part of the game i waited till the third year of the c5 corvette to order mine! but i expected little problems with my tahoe but i was/am very satisfied...im glad to add it to my collection.......
Old December 3rd, 2006, 1:54 PM
CF Senior Member

Got another simple thing for them to do...

Add a drain for the mirrors so they don't hold water after a wash. Most of us can't stqand that on any vehicle and adding that would be very cool. Probably the first vehicle to have such a thing. I'm thinking a screen in the bottom of the mirror or a plastic funnel design that has a weep hole at the far end so it doesn't drip on the body.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 2:09 PM
CF Beginner

great idea on the mirror drain! I hate that! On my corvette, I actually cover them up with some plastic covers I had to buy from Ecklers...it works good but its somewhat of a pain. I have never seen such mirror covers for any Chevy except the corvette anyway so your idea is a good one for the Hoe.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

I own the 2007 LTZ with everything (7,000 miles to date).

1- Get a better Navigation package. My version 2.0 still tells me to go where NO roads exist (Arizona). My Garmin Street Pilot is so much easier to use (read, intuitive) - and more importantly, accurate! I hear a lot of Arizona owners bitching about this - including the owner of a local Chevy dealership whose wife simply can't use the Nav system. I can just imagine the flack your Arizona Caddie owners are giving you. I have had trouble in other western states but not nearly as bad as rural Arizona.

2- Better storage. This is my FOURTH Tahoe and the very worst for storage space. There is VERY little. Once the center council and glove box are used you are done! Not even any room under any of the seats.

3- Get rid of the lousy 3rd seat arrangement. Big, bulky, and a pain to haul out. (I LEAVE mine in my garage, only to be used when I trade it back in.)

4- Dump XM and get Sirius. Better audio quality (less compression), better programming (like the NFL games). Again, part of the Navigation package.

5- I miss my outside whip antenna. The window antenna gives POOR reception with weak stations. How about a retractable whip?

Love the handling!
Love the quiet (better than the Escalade - by actual tests)!
Love the performance.
Love the interior styling
Love the backup camera and lighting
Love the improved gas mileage (over my previous 3 Tahoes)

Steve
Old December 3rd, 2006, 6:55 PM
CF Junior Member

I would like to see HID lights standard on a truck in this price range. With this cold weather I would also really like to see a heated steering wheel as an option. I would like to have a better sounding stereo with interfaced Ipod controls. I have also seen commercials on TV of late of a car with heated and cooled cup holders, I know its trivial and isn't a big deal to me, but this would really come in handy. Also make the power port outlet covers in the dash with a stronger hinge.
Old December 3rd, 2006, 9:57 PM
CF Beginner

-Flat folding 3rd row seats.
-*Dash and inside plastic molding looks so cheap, I almost did not buy the Tahoe because of this. My Navigator was much nicer inside.
-*Better sounding stereo. Like the functionality of the rear DVD and all, but sounds poor for a $45,000 vehicle.
-Reverse sensors need to be more active, more beeping. The lights don't help that much.
-Back doors don't have side pockets to put stuff in.
-Rear seat drink holders not very good, won't hold bottled water.