Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wheel Painting...

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2007, 6:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Painting...

Looking to get some 22 or 24 inch wheels for my ride, I would like to paint them white and leave the lip chrome...I have found several black wheels...is it possible to buy chrome and they get them painted...if so how would I go about doing that...is it something you can do yourself...or os profesional they way to do it?
Old May 13th, 2007, 9:20 PM
e
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheel Painting...

sure, they can be painted. Also they can be powdercoated as well. Powder coating would be a little trickier than painting depending on the wheel. Its a little harder to work with the fiber-tape so most of the time in order to get such clean line between chrome and paint most shops want to machine the wheel back to get the clean edges which means there goes the chrome. I've had this problem many times on my custom ATV wheels. I do know that one of myvendors Sin City Wheels offers most of their wheels custom painted any colorand chrome. They do a lot of exotic's and make a damn good wheel. Most are two piece so offsets wouldn't be a problem either.
e