Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wicked rattled coming from 3rd row - advise

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2007, 12:13 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wicked rattled coming from 3rd row - advise

I have a wicked rattle coming from the 3rd row seat when in the up right position. The dealer has indicated the rattle is due to the seat not being tightly fastened to the body of the car and wants to lift the carpeting up to repair. I'm afraid that doing so will cause other rattles and or problems. My only option is to keep the 3rd row seat down which takes up a ton of room. Any advise?
Old February 19th, 2007, 1:51 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: Wicked rattled coming from 3rd row - advise

Have you tried removing the seats and reinstalling?
Old February 19th, 2007, 2:23 PM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: sjenkinzz

Have you tried removing the seats and reinstalling?
No I haven't. Wouldn't the dealer have tried that? I guess I can remove the seat and take a look at the braketthe seatinserts into -- guess I'm lazy having spent 50K on a car
Old February 19th, 2007, 3:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same rattle. I have taken the seats in and out and it is still there. Only occurs when they are in the tumbled forward position which I need to do to carry things in the vehicle. My garage is kinda small so can't keep the seats out all the time. I haven't brought it up to the dealership yet, forgot to put it on my list. If given the option you have been given, I would let them do it and then just report any issues that arise afterwards if they pop up.
Old February 19th, 2007, 9:08 PM
CF Beginner

I have a rattle as well and it is only when the seats are upright but mine is coming from the springs that are towards the floor boards. The only reason I know this is becuase I was sitting in the second row with my kid when my wife was driving and I could look back and diagnose the problem. I have not fixed it yet so I'm not sure what the solution would be,maybe some W-D 40 would do it. I'm not sure if it's the same problem you are having but I hope it helps.
Old February 19th, 2007, 11:19 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I GOT THE SAME RATTLE! I was waiting to hear if anyone else had this problem. Mine too comes from the 3rd row seats in the up position! I am guessing that most everyone has this problem.

ZX/Dave,is this as common of problem as it seems? Is there a TSB for this??? It is very annoying on road trips when you have luggage behind the seats and they are in the up position!
Old February 19th, 2007, 11:26 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To be honest, I never had the opportunity to check for the rattle. The day I drove my truck home, the seats came out, were put into oversized garbage bags, and put into a corner of the basement - only to come out again when the truck it either sold or traded in.
Old February 20th, 2007, 12:18 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: 71cuda

I have a rattle as well and it is only when the seats are upright but mine is coming from the springs that are towards the floor boards. The only reason I know this is becuase I was sitting in the second row with my kid when my wife was driving and I could look back and diagnose the problem. I have not fixed it yet so I'm not sure what the solution would be,maybe some W-D 40 would do it. I'm not sure if it's the same problem you are having but I hope it helps.
I had the same idea about the springs, but since the dealer indicated a problem with the bracket and the need to remove the carpeting I pretty much gave up on the spring idea. Maybe the dealer tried that or had another truck with the same problem for him to come up with the removal of the carpet to fix it.

So annoying!!