Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Will My Beloved '07 LTZ Make 200k Miles?

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2013, 1:58 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by titantn24

There are actually 2 front airbag sensors. You can get a new Dorman replacement sensor on eBay for around $50. It's a quick and easy swap as they are located right up front below the radiator. Save yourself the money and fix that yourself.
Sorry, I just now saw where you said left front sensor, so you already knew there were 2.
Old December 4th, 2013, 3:06 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
LTL4life,

I am sorry to hear you are having this concern with your Suburban. Please be sure to keep us posted. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks,as stated my vehicle is well out of warranty but the dealer is eating all the costs to fix the diff. leak. Hopefully the repairs will last
Old December 4th, 2013, 3:27 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
TPMS go for about $150 a set on eBay.

Marko: get BG transmission, transfer case, and differential service and you get an extended warranty for those items.
Just checked Amazon, ACDelco ones are $28 apiece with free shipping
ACDelco 25920615 Tire Pressure Sensor Assembly
ACDelco 25920615 Tire Pressure Sensor Assembly : Amazon.com : Automotive ACDelco 25920615 Tire Pressure Sensor Assembly : Amazon.com : Automotive
Old December 4th, 2013, 5:06 PM
CF Senior Member

OK. I be truly amazed if your or our suburban makes it to 200k.

We have owned this car since Jan 2009 and 50,000 miles

Things gone wrong since 96,000 miles:

-2011 lifter tick and oil consumption started (thankfully most people who get lifter tick their motor starts running like crap. Loose power and mpg falls off a cliff. Ours still runs great somehow V4 / V8 still works (tick started at 96K, now have 138K) and mpg is still 14.4~14.5 mpg)
-drinks a quart of Mobile 1 every ~1500 miles
-transcooler return line has a small leak.
-2011 brake rotors wrapped (new pads and a pair of rotors)
-2011 after putting new rotors and pads on the front right caliper locked up toward the end of a 5 hour car trip. Cooked the brand new rotor and pads. -2011 The right caliper then proceeded to start sticking, another caliper and set of pads.
-2012 front left wheel bearing went taking out the drive shaft with it.
-2013 new drive shaft boots are torn up...
-2012 shocks finally had it on holding air and compressor locked up.
-2012 new compressor (left unplugged)
-2013 march, replaced the shocks. Rode much better.
-2013 summer, the new compressor locked up. Full of water. Sorry we the boat ramps for our boats... (make sure you seal the new compressor as I did for the replacement!)
-2010 DVD/CD, NAV quit working.
-2011 rear lift gate latch stripped a plastic gear, opened up on RT17 on our way to the lake! (thank you HF Cargo rack!!!) New latch $400 in NY, FL was only $150...(thank you uncle!)
-2011 the new latch fixed the entire reat lift gate not wanting to work (would open or close right months prior) but it also fixed the DVD/CD and the Nav!!!
-2010 battery went pretty quick, new battery $160.
-car LOVES to over charge batteries! Likes to maintain 15.2 volts!!! (just put a new AGM battery in, after driving down to Philly and back it now charges a 14.1 volts for once )
-2012 starter went OPEN circuit, almost left us stranded at several locations (at the lake went it first wouldn't start)
-went to FL for spring break (uncle is a great mechanic and has his own shop) discovered the following:
-front diff had disgusting "oil" like substance in it, uncle thought it was completely f*cked. (some how it still works)
-front diff leaks out the driver side seal
-transfer case and rear diff had normal looking fluid

-2013 rear drive shaft bearing started squeaking in reverse at lake. Got home torn apart and they crumbled to pieces.
-2013 did a code scan, found out the front struts have intermittent solenoid failures
-car likes to randomly lock its self once in a while with the keys in it! It first did this to us in our barn at lake... pretty much ruined the driver door seal getting in...

so far thats all I can think of. Our Suburban took us to 100K. The only prob it gave us was the air ride quit due to the factory height sensors failing. And the intake manifold gasket leaked causing the car to run very lean...

Our 2005 Kia Amanti has 200,000 miles. It has not needed near as much work. Just all 4 rotors once, normal pads, all 4 struts, and rear wheel assemblies (wheel bearing, emergency brakes, rotors, and alignment adjustment points. the adjustments were all rounded due to Firestone guys using impact guns...)
Old December 6th, 2013, 9:32 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

anyone ever heard of or done an engine flush using aft fluids? i heard this frees up lifters? i know i might get bashed for this. but i'm looking for facts not opinions. and the only reason i'm even mentioning this is cuz joe in ny mentioned his lifters
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Received 159 Likes on 157 Posts

Here's a anecdotal data point. I used ATF on a friends old Ford pickup truck with over 100,000 miles that had several sticky lifters. It ran like a top within a hundred miles. Not sure I would try it on a newer vehicle.
Old December 6th, 2013, 1:50 PM
CF Active Member

I dumped 1/2 a can of Seafoam in the Burb yesterday. The other half was put into the
restored 72 Bronco's tank for winter storage. I swear by this stuff. For a vehicle with
99,100 miles my Suburban runs as smooth as ever.
Old December 6th, 2013, 10:51 PM
CF Senior Member

AH seafoam, not good... Sorry but seafoam is not good for an engine long term... Especially if you put in the engine oil!

For atf, put 4 quarts of cheap oil in with 1 quart atf, run for no more than 1~2 min. ATF is powerful at cleaning, running longer can easily result in clogging oil passages and causes large amounts of damage. Change oil with cheap oil again, and replace that oil in 1,000 miles or so... I hear a lot of mechanics following this path and it works, just have to be patient and careful with powerful cleaners...
Old December 7th, 2013, 8:39 AM
CF Active Member

Originally Posted by Joe In NY
AH seafoam, not good... Sorry but seafoam is not good for an engine long term... Especially if you put in the engine oil!

For atf, put 4 quarts of cheap oil in with 1 quart atf, run for no more than 1~2 min. ATF is powerful at cleaning, running longer can easily result in clogging oil passages and causes large amounts of damage. Change oil with cheap oil again, and replace that oil in 1,000 miles or so... I hear a lot of mechanics following this path and it works, just have to be patient and careful with powerful cleaners...
Its put in the fuel system, works better than Stabil. I should say I put it in the fuel system, i dont use Oil Additives ever.

Last edited by LTL4life; December 7th, 2013 at 9:08 AM.
Old December 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
CF Senior Member

Chevrons Techron injector and fuel system cleaner is like $10 to treat 20 gallons and that stuff works.

But you guys all know that fuel injector cleaner is pretty much a waste of money on all Gen IV ls motors right?

Quick Reply: Will My Beloved '07 LTZ Make 200k Miles?