Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wind Noise 2008 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2008, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Noise 2008 Tahoe

On Friday I purchased a 2008 LT Chevy tahoe - its reallynice - the mid-price model is very well equiped - earlier today noticed wind noise coming from the passenger side front door - it only happens at 80 mph + but it really bothers me when it happens - was reading other articles and someone suggested that I place a piece of paper and try pulling from the inside in both doors in order to determine if both doors are equally adjusted when closed - fact is the left door where the noise originates is less adjusted and the paper comes out very easily when compared to the right side - does anyone know if this problem is easily corrected at the deealership - it seems all it requires is for the left door to be re-adjusted - not sure this can be done - please let me know your oppinion-
Old March 25th, 2008, 5:20 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wind Noise 2008 Tahoe

Well... the first thought is not to drive 80MPH... Not exactly the safest thing to do.

Second thing is to just give the dealer the problem to fix... Should only bee a slight adjustment to the new-fangled Nader pin latch.
Old March 25th, 2008, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

someone mentioned it just requires the replacement of the weather stripping or installing sealant into the stripping and that rarely do they adjust the doors.
Framnkly that doest make much sense in a brand new vehicle - adjusting the door would be a more adecuate repair - any thoughts -
Old March 25th, 2008, 9:23 PM
Administrator

Received 157 Likes on 155 Posts

Welcome to the Tahoe forum. I've seen dealers fix air leaks/wind noise problems by placing dum dum behind the weather stripping. []
Old April 11th, 2008, 8:55 AM
CF Beginner

entered in the forum two weeks ago with a similar problem in my 2008 Tahoe LT - wind noise on the passenger side - took it to the dealership a day later and they adjusted the door and the problem is completely solved - there is no noise aeven at high speeds 90+ miles - there is a latch where the door comes to rest when its closed and apparently that is what needs adjustment - also moved the racks on roof all the way back - was told it reduces the noise and helps with wind drag and gas - very happy with my new truck - entered in the forum two weeks ago with a similar problem in my 2008 Tahoe LT - wind noise on the passenger side - took it to the dealership a day later and they adjusted the door and the problem is completely solved - there is no noise aeven at high speeds 90+ miles - there is a latch where the door comes to rest when its closed and apparently that is what needs adjustment - also moved the racks on roof all the way back - was told it reduces the noise and helps with wind drag and gas - very happy with my new truck -
Old April 12th, 2008, 9:37 PM
CF Active Member

When you say: "also moved the racks on roof all the way back - was told it reduces the noise and helps with wind drag and gas" are you talking about the horizontal pieces that attach to the roof racks or the racks themselves?
Old April 13th, 2008, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

THE HORIZONTAL PIECES THAT ATTACH - THEY SLIDE ALL THE WAY BACK AND YOU CAN KEEP THEM A FEW INCHES APART AS FAR BACK AS POSIBLE - THIS HELPS WITH WIND AND FUEL -