Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Wind noise on "08 Tahoe

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2007, 3:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind noise on "08 Tahoe

I just bought a '08 Tahoe and noticed wind noise on the driver side when going 55+. Also, I'm very surprised how much external noise is caming in when driving in the freeway. It's like driving with the window down. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the wheels and tires that the Tahoe came with. It has the 20" painted wheels offered withthe LT package.
I've been told that I need to take it back to the dealer. The door seal may need to be replaced or they may need to adjust the door. I will take it back, I just haven't had time to do it.
I was wondering if anyone had this issue before. It would be nice to know howit was resolved.
Thanks.
Old December 27th, 2007, 9:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Wind noise on "08 Tahoe

Welcome to ChevroletForum!!!

Try doing a search on both the Tahoe and Burban sections of this forum. I know it has been mentioned before so you are not the first one to experience this. Good Luck
Old December 27th, 2007, 8:37 PM
CF Active Member

I recently bought an '08 Tahoe andwhen I put mud flaps on the vehicle I did notice a tiny bit more wind noice than before but not much. Actually, my Tahoe rides quieter than my Murano ever did.

Take it back to the dealer.
Old December 27th, 2007, 8:45 PM
CF Active Member

Do you have the cross beams on the roof rack, make sure they are installed the right way.
Old December 27th, 2007, 11:23 PM
CF Junior Member

When I first purchased my '07 Tahoe I noticed a whistling sound coming from the drivers side mirror when I accelerated....it went away afterI installed the bugguard on the front...I also have the molded mudflaps and when I am driving at high speeds down the interstateI can hear it knocking around every once in a while. Not sure if this helps but those noises can really geton my nervesafter awhile!! Good Luck
Old December 28th, 2007, 3:07 AM
CF Junior Member

The new Escalades have had horrible problems with this. Since it's the same chasis, I'm suprised not more people have been complain that have Tahoe's and Yukon's.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...emon-laws.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-resolved.html

Old April 5th, 2008, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Any updates on this windnoise issue?...I have an 08 with the same windnoise problem....debating on getting the dealership run around until I find out some real resolutions on here.
Old April 11th, 2008, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

I entered in the forum two weeks ago with a similar problem in my 2008 Tahoe LT - wind noise on the passenger side - took it to the dealership a day later and they adjusted the door and the problem is completely solved - there is no noise aeven at high speeds 90+ miles - there is a latch where the door comes to rest when its closed and apparently that is what needs adjustment - also moved the racks on roof all the way back - was told it reduces the noise and helps with wind drag and gas - very happy with my new truck -
Old April 12th, 2008, 9:37 PM
CF Active Member

When you say: "also moved the racks on roof all the way back - was told it reduces the noise and helps with wind drag and gas" are you talking about the horizontal pieces that attach to the roof racks or the racks themselves?