Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

XM Radio Subscription

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2007, 2:36 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XM Radio Subscription

Yup, thats where I was at, I still can't find the box for the code?
Old June 11th, 2007, 2:54 PM
CF Beginner

PM me you radio ID and i'll see if I can find it. Try to help you out if I can.
Old June 11th, 2007, 7:42 PM
CF Beginner

you don't need a code. just call them and mention the Winback program ($77 for one year), say you got a card in the mail but don't know what you did with it. If they give you any grief, just say you'll let the 3 month freebee expire. Then call back and talk to another person. You will get the $77 deal sooner or later. They actually called me after I said I would let it expire. When I mentioned the Winback program she said no problem (I never got a cardin the mail).You may have to give them credit card info.
Old June 12th, 2007, 11:35 AM
CF Beginner

I think that $77 is more appropriate value for the XM service, and was tempted until I read the small print on one of the many offers we received from them. The deal was structured with "free" months, and then the full charge kicked back in for the remaining months of the "year". There would be auto-renewal at the end of this year at the full charge for the following year, and it could only be done with a credit card.

Check the details, and just be comfortable with what you're getting into. You'll need to keep track of when your "year" runs out and try to stop the auto-renewal if you don't want to continue at regular price. Chances are you'll forget/won't bother to stop it - which is what XM are banking on in the long run, and once they have your credit card details...
Old July 31st, 2007, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

FYI...my 3 month trial ends tomorrow so I called the 800 number (800-321-7117)and asked for the 'winback promotion for 1 year at $77.00' and got it right away with no hassles. They of course tried to sell me additional years and additional portable radios but I declined and they didn't push it.Also, by paying using a credit card I got one free month at the$12.95 price so it cameto $64.05 for the year...that I can live with.
Old July 31st, 2007, 2:01 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I love this forum, yes I just got off the phone with XM and the "Winback" promotion really works. No hassles.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 7:26 AM
CF Beginner

I just got the Winback Promotion too after reading about it on this site. XM called me about one week ago asking me to sign up i ask what was the best rate i could get because I havn't made up my mind about keep XM because i have Sirius in my other cars so i will just have to pay about $6 a mo. with Sirius so why should i by $12 for XM the sale person told me the best she could do at this time was $20 for 3 mo which is great but i wanted a long term deal so i told her no think. After reading on here about the Winback i call the 800 number one of the other guy posted on here and got the Winback with no problem. Just for the record the other person who could only give me the $20 for 3 mo an that was a onetime only price after the 3 mo the price would be at the $12 a mo price. called from 800-892-5400.