Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

ZX pls help - Random Stabilitrak Off Message

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2011, 8:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK I have had the same problem with my 2009 Suburban...It aggrevated me to the point of wanting to drive the darn thing over a cliff. I drive it a lot for business and am on the phone much and never without fail the alarm would go off mid conversation. This went on for about a week before I took to dealer, they threw a few fancy pants and high dollar fixes at me, so of course I bit the hook. After having a few sensors replaced the problem came back, they put could not figure it out.
Two weeks later I was so irritated by this that I disconnected the battery and let the truck sit for 4 days dead, thinking that Ill try to drain every ounce of memory in the computer. Well this seemed to work for a day or two then back on it came. So now incredibly desparate I went in search of the sensor and wiring myself to just disconnect it and take my chances. I happened to notice that one sensor associated with the system is on the master cylinder plastic tank. Then it dawned on me that my fluid was a little lower than normal but NOT below the low point, however I also noticed that the sensor is set less than 1/8" below the LOW point....hmmmmm ok so my reasoning skills went in to motion. Brake fluid is rather "lean" by comparison to most other fluids (other than antifreeze) in a vehicle, could it be possible that while driving the fluid is moving and shifting in the tank to a point that might drop below the sensor? ANSWER: Yes. Amazing. So if youre having this problem add some brake fluid first. Max the tank out. Your fluid will drop over time just because of displacement. Pads wear down and youll have the need to replace that space within the lines. A brake change may also be in order depending on your miles driven. Added the fluid 3 weeks ago and havent had the problem since.

GM realy needs to drop that sensor down about 3/4 of an inch. If your hiring a common since Engineer give me a call. LOL
317-721-6333
Old March 8th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for the info. I guess you're out of warranty.

common since
Always use spell check for your resume.
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:24 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spell Check

Originally Posted by 73shark
Thanks for the info. I guess you're out of warranty.

Always use spell check for your resume.

"Common since" is spelled correctly.
Old March 8th, 2011, 3:13 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Not in his context it isn't.