Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2004 Tahoe beeping after the dinging when you crank it

Search this Thread

Old December 15th, 2010, 9:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2004 Tahoe beeping after the dinging when you crank it

I have had my 2004 Tahoe for a little over a month. Yesterday when I cranked the truck it did it's normal dinging.... but then several long high pitched beeps followed. None of the indicator lights are on, so I don't know what it is trying to tell me. It started yesterday and has done it every time I have cranked it since. It seems to me that the airbag light stays on the longest when it runs all the lights to test at start-up... but it doesn't STAY on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lauren
Old December 15th, 2010, 9:52 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Since the sound comes from the tweeter in the driver side A-pillar, maybe the speaker is going bad. A long shot tho.
Old March 7th, 2011, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by lynchcrew
I have had my 2004 Tahoe for a little over a month. Yesterday when I cranked the truck it did it's normal dinging.... but then several long high pitched beeps followed. None of the indicator lights are on, so I don't know what it is trying to tell me. It started yesterday and has done it every time I have cranked it since. It seems to me that the airbag light stays on the longest when it runs all the lights to test at start-up... but it doesn't STAY on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Lauren
Did you ever figure out what the beeping was? I too hear that from time to time on my 2004 Suburban and have no idea what causes it.
Old May 19th, 2011, 8:30 AM
CF Beginner

No, I actually never did figure out what it was, but it quit, so I am happy
Old September 3rd, 2012, 9:04 AM
CF Beginner

My 03 Tahoe just starting a beep which is about two or three minutes apart with or without motor running any ideas?
Old September 3rd, 2012, 9:36 AM
CF Beginner

Default beeping

Originally Posted by org57
My 03 Tahoe just starting a beep which is about two or three minutes apart with or without motor running any ideas?
I wonder if the beep is coming from the radio which started about the same time as the free trial of the sirus boradcast. Maybe it will stop after the free trail. It is almost as though the radio is seeking a signal. Any comments?
Old November 17th, 2012, 7:34 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by org57
I wonder if the beep is coming from the radio which started about the same time as the free trial of the sirus boradcast. Maybe it will stop after the free trail. It is almost as though the radio is seeking a signal. Any comments?
My 05 Tahoe Z71 does the same thing. Some times it chirps at couple minute intervals,other times it doesn't do anything. I believe it is a radio issue (mine has the NAV Radio) though, because you can turn the radio off, and seems to go away. It does get annoying, any body found the problem yet?