Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2007 Suburban Trans Cooler

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2011, 7:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Suburban Trans Cooler

I have a 2007 Suburban Z71 with a 5.3...I just bought an enclosed trailer and want to add a transmission cooler. I purchased the GM kit from the dealer. It comes with the cooler and two new transmission lines. The issue is when installing the long line from the cooler to the transmission, I can't seem to sneak it between the frame, engine, and other parts under the truck. The direction are very vague and don't really help with the install of the long line. It only mentions about removing the clips that keep the pressure and return lines close togehter but no tips on sneaking the new line in. It almost looks like I need to drop the exhaust y-pipe to give me the extra room needed so I don't twist or kink the tubing. Has anybody ever installed this kit from GM? I looks to be the same one that comes from the factory and just need some quidance on getting the long line through. My email is dickie1602@yahoo.com if you could contact me there.. thanks, hope someone can help me out.