Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2011 Tahoe / Onstar / Nav Info

Search this Thread

Old January 25th, 2012, 1:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Tahoe / Onstar / Nav Info

Hi all, im new to the board amd i have a few questions.

im looking at purchasing a used 2011 Tahoe and im adding a factory in dash nav to it.

1. does anyone have a link to the factory NAV so i can see the features
2. does the nav and onstar talk ? i saw a commercial last night where a user called onstar and the "sent" the directions to the nav
3. does the onstar / iphone app work with a 2011 vehicle ?
Old January 26th, 2012, 9:23 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

darobin77,

There is information available regarding the navigation unit in the owners manual at: http://www.chevrolet.com/assets/pdf/...2k11tahsub.pdf

A video overview of the navigation unit is available at: Chevrolet -Getting to Know Your Tahoe 2010

A video overview of OnStar is available at: Chevrolet -Getting to Know Your Tahoe 2010

There are also several additional videos available regarding the 2011 Tahoe features within the links above.

According to the OnStar website, they can send directions to the vehicle, as long as you are a subscriber of the Directions & Connections plan.

The OnStar app also works with 2011 Tahoe vehicles.

For your reference, additional information is available at: Hands-Free Calling - Voice Activated Dialing - OnStar

If you have additional questions regarding OnStar services, please contact them directly at: 1-888-4-ONSTAR (1-888-466-7827)

I hope this information is helpful

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 27th, 2012, 10:49 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks you, helps a lot. the dealer wasn't as knowledgeable
Old January 30th, 2012, 7:41 AM
CF Junior Member

Default onstar

GM Customer service
What is up with onstar?? I think its a question Many people would like an answer to, I know I would . They have now refused me access to my account so I cant keep track of it. It will be removed from my vehicle but until it is I want access to it. Who do you suggest I contact about this ?
Thanks
Old January 30th, 2012, 2:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Lifted07,

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with OnStar. I suggest you contact their customer service department at: 1.888.4.ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827)
Or contact them via email at: http://www.onstar.com/web/portal/tellus

I hope they are able to resolve this issue.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 1st, 2012, 10:03 AM
CF Junior Member

Default Onstar

Louis , I have contacted Onstar many times. I finally have my Onstar account closed. My problem is Removing Onstars ability to monitor and control at there discretion what I am doing and where I go with my Vehicle. Thats my business. Not having an account does not do this. Onstar is not considered a safety device by anyone but Onstar. It is no better or maybe even not as good as a cell phone. Does Onstar have GM by the short hairs for some reason? Im told that even tho I own my car and it is Titled in my name I dont own the software in Onstars Module thats working in my car. Nothing has changed but my refusing the service and Refusing there Terms of agreement. Which was also done in Writing to them. I do not want software in my vehicle that I do not own. Like I said this vehicle is Titled in my name. I think GM needs to resolve this very soon..
Old February 1st, 2012, 4:07 PM
CF Junior Member

I guess Louis has no reply here or to a PM
Old February 1st, 2012, 5:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Lifted07,

OnStar does not continuously or routinely monitor, update or otherwise track the location of OnStar-equipped cars. OnStar only knows the location of a car when a user initiates a request for service, there is an Air Bag Deployment, an Advanced Automatic Crash Notification occurs, your OnStar equipment calls OnStar with data updates or when required to locate a car by a valid court order in criminal procedures, or under urgent circumstances. OnStar requires police involvement for Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance and missing person requests.

If you would like OnStar removed from your vehicle, I encourage you to contact your local dealer.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old February 1st, 2012, 9:06 PM
CF Junior Member

Louis,
Thanks for the reply. That kind of sounds like the standard reply that I have been getting from Onstar. I have Contacted my dealer and 2 other dealers. I can have it removed at my expense as long as I sign a waiver with many rediculous stipulations.
It basicly says it will void my warranty and I will be responsible for my vehicle after.
Im sure your aware of the process. Its to bad every GM OWNER isnt aware of what Onstar and GM are doing. Onstar may say they are not monitoring my car but how do I know?
They make it very clear that the software that is in there Module does not belong to me. Therefore I want the software out . It will not be Receiving updates, It will not be locating my car for any reason legal or otherwise. Onstars software is collecting data and storing it continuosly. I would be more than happy to talk to whoever it takes . So far no one will do anything. Tell me who can fix this.
Thanks