Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

2015 Tahoe LED strips near headlights are different colors

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2017, 10:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Tahoe LED strips near headlights are different colors

Recently while parked at night near a concrete block wall, I noticed that the parking light LED strips integrated in the headlight assemblies are emitting different colors. Nothing major, but it was obvious while observing the light hitting the block wall. The passenger side appears to be off color with a greenish hue to the light. The driver side seems to be emitting white light similar to other vehicles I have seen. I am up against the 3 year warranty expiring and looking for any help here since I dread taking to the dealership with such an odd issue. Any insight is greatly appreciated as I do not want to have an issue down the road and have to replace the whole light assembly. Please Help!

CD
Old April 20th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Have you checked by looking directly at the lites? Reflected lite is not necessarily a true representation.
Old April 21st, 2017, 2:40 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when theres a vehicle driving behind me at night, & it hits a bump,
the color changes from blue to orangey...
its normal, i'm guessing(?)
Old May 24th, 2017, 3:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I have looked at each lamp directly several times. The brick wall was just an early indicator. So.....I do know that the led component is yellow on the circuit board so maybe the light emitting is low enough on the suspect strip that the yellow appears more evident (not the greenish color I originally stated). I have excellent vision by the way so my attention to the details can be exhausting.
Old May 24th, 2017, 7:14 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by derricl
Yes, I have looked at each lamp directly several times. The brick wall was just an early indicator. So.....I do know that the led component is yellow on the circuit board so maybe the light emitting is low enough on the suspect strip that the yellow appears more evident (not the greenish color I originally stated). I have excellent vision by the way so my attention to the details can be exhausting.
Maybe you need glasses(?)