Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

abs light

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2010, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs light

my 2002 tahoe abs light is on and when I hit the brakes I get this rumble in the pedal and it feels like I'm not going to stop until I pump the brakes. Have tried everything (new pads,rotors,) anyone no what this problem is?
Old August 23rd, 2010, 2:54 PM
Administrator

Received 162 Likes on 160 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Were the brakes bled properly?
Old August 25th, 2010, 6:07 AM
CF Beginner

I took it to the dealer and they said I needed a hub bearing assembly so I changed it and for 4 days all was fine and then the abs came on again but without all the other things it was doing. for now the brakes are working fine and the light only came on once.
Old July 31st, 2012, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

There could be several things going on-- I replaced everything as well; 4 new rotors, all brakes, and the 2 front new hubs- the hubs came with the sensors. And I was still getting the brake light and the ABS light- from there the only other issue would have been the ABS Module which is underneath the driver side door carriage. These are pricey, but I found a Chevy ABS repair guy that I shipped off the Module to and he replaces a component in it that is faulty or known to overheat- only charged $39- shipped it back and installed it- from there you are going to need to get an ABS (ODB) scanner- to clear/reset the ABS Codes--- that should take care of everything related to the ABS/ Brake light on dash-- for sure- hope this helps and is not too late!