Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Chevrolet Suburban Broken Door Panels

Search this Thread

Old December 7th, 2016, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevrolet Suburban Broken Door Panels

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew why the 2011 and newer Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons and Escalades have this weird extra bulge under the front driver and passenger door panels under the door pulls. I just purchased a used 2014 Suburban Z71 and it has a broken door pull (the cheap plastic is coming off the panel). After searching everywhere and coming to the conclusion that it was not fixable, I wanted to replace the whole panel. I thought that I would be able to use a panel from an older suburban or Tahoe, etc., but I just realized that the older ones (2010 and earlier) did not have that bulge under the door pull. Does anyone know why it's there and more importantly, if an older door panel will fit on the newer trucks? I've seen pictures of the back of the newer (2011 and up) door panels and all that is there is a bunch of plastic. It doesn't look like anything goes in there, and it just takes up more space so I am trying to figure out why they made the change. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!