Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ electrical problem.

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2017, 5:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ electrical problem.

I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ. I have lost all left door power as well as turn signal, hazard lights, brake lights, windshield wipers, etc. I have replaced the negative battery cable as well as the main fuse (175A) located on the firewall by the battery and that resulted in no change. Please help.
Old January 4th, 2017, 3:19 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Was the megafuse blown? If so, that's indicative of a serious short somewhere.

What other systems are included in your "etc."? Does anything work? Does it start? Does it run?

Systemic electrical issues are usually a bad ground wire. I would start checking your grounds; not sure of all the locations though.
Old January 5th, 2017, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

The megafuse was not blown.

All systems that are impacted include reverse camera, brake lights, turn signal, hazard lights, interior cabin lights when attempted by the switch on the dash (pressed individually, they still come on), entire instrument panel on the drivers door to include mirror, window and door locks. The windshield wipers are stuck and will not function. When the key is removed, the vehicle doesn't recognize that the driver door has been opened (radio stays on). Driver seat position cannot be altered. Radio control from steering wheel as well as cruise control are inoperable. The window and lock switch on the passenger door are working. The only thing not working on the passenger door is the seat heater. Both backseat window switches are inoperable.

The car starts without a problem and runs. I will add that prior to changing the negative battery cable and megafuse, the automatic lift gate was not functioning and is now working from both the gate and the roof panel.

Also, the alarm remote is not functioning.

Last edited by reggie ginn; January 5th, 2017 at 3:09 PM. Reason: Add alarm remote not working.
Old January 5th, 2017, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

So after continuing to work on it, I checked the LBEC fuses. LBEC 1 was blown. As soon as I replaced the fuse, the hazard lights came on along with everything else. Before I could put the cover back on, I could hear it short out again.