Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Hi everyone! And how do I access the horn wire?

Old April 24th, 2019, 5:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone! And how do I access the horn wire?

Hi everybody! My wife has a beautiful 2018 Suburban LT in pearl white which she loves! (It’s our second suburban, the first lasting 12 years and 200k miles before we decided to retire it!) but we have a problem
with this one. She wants me to upgrade the horn, no problemo. I ordered a new one, and am ready to install it but I’ll be damned if I can figure out how to get to the existing one to access the wire so I can use it to trigger the new horn!!
I’ve scoured the internet and the only reference I can find says that I have to remove the front bumper and headlights in order to get to it! This seems insane! There has to be another way! Any ideas? I mean the horn is right in front of the washer fluid reservoir! I can see it and touch it with the tip of my finger! There HAS to be a way! (But unfortunately removing the grill doesn’t get you any closer, I tried that first lol).
Old April 24th, 2019, 6:03 PM
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 152 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I assume just because you can see it and touch it, you can't get to the wire to disconnect or put a crimp-on splice (I don't like to use them for various reasons but sometimes there's not easy alternative) on the wire.
Old April 24th, 2019, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 73shark
Welcome to the forum. I assume just because you can see it and touch it, you can't get to the wire to disconnect or put a crimp-on splice (I don't like to use them for various reasons but sometimes there's not easy alternative) on the wire.
I can see it and (barely) touch it with the tip of my finger. I tried every contortionist twist I could to try to get access to it, but just can’t. At this point I’m starting to wonder if there’s a way to access the wire somewhere else.

Search this Thread