Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Left rear brake w/n bleed.

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2017, 12:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left rear brake w/n bleed.

I saw a you tube video that referred to the unit (name ?) where ALL THE BRAKE LINES CONNECT as the culprit. The mech (?) on the video says to remove the unit to reset the switch in the unit. I'd appreciate any help fm anyone having the same problem. Thank you very much!!!
Old April 3rd, 2017, 8:18 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

hard to say without knowing the build year.

post the link you are referring to.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 8:07 PM
CF Beginner

Default Left rear brake w/n Bleed.

To tech2:
I've got a 1999 Chevy Suburban, I just changed both front calipers and pads. I wanted to bleed the brakes but the left rear one won't bleed, not a drop of brake fluid comes out. I went online to check for suggestions, the guy on YouTube says the culprit might be the component (name?) where ALL THE BRAKE LINES MEET, & that it needs to be removed to reset the plunger inside to center, then re-install. He says that this component distributes the brake fluid equally to each caliper, & the plunger inside sometimes gets offset in the distribution process.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 8:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

99 old body style or 99 new body style? post the engine size so i know which build you have.

if the vehicle has a proportioning valve a special tool is required to bleed the rear brakes.
Old May 9th, 2018, 11:50 PM
CF Beginner

TomFromGuam - have the same issue with the rear brake cylinder not bleeding. Did you figure out why you had this problem? As it the ABS?