Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

reprogram list for 07s

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2007, 6:51 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: reprogram list for 07s

Reprogram to address the dead battery issues.
[align=center] Document ID# 1904142
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD
[/align][hr]

[/align]Subject: Service Update for Inventory and Customer Vehicles-Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative and Battery Rundown-Expires with Base Warranty #07007B - (02/13/2007)
Models: 2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Equinox, Suburban, Tahoe

Vins affected...
Year Division Model From Through 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe 7J177482 7J270240 7R205597 7R297218

also note..

# 07033, document id#1903112. This is also a recall for battery rundown, seems to be the same thing as ZX posted. However, the VIN numbers are different. Here are the TAHOE VINS this includes (per dealership), 7J100002-7J315831, and 7R100001-7R347487.

ZX states...
Correct, 07033A corrects a similar issue as 07007B just uses different software that is compatible with the different BCM's.
Old June 13th, 2007, 1:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upon purchasing my suburban LTZ I had issues with traction control and stabilitrack. The problem was sporadic and I could not gague when it occurred. The service light was on and when I took it in, they said that there was a known problem with initialization, but no fix yet. I took it back a week later after it locked up while pulling out of a parking lot, and they said that GM just wanted them to switch a unit (i don't know what) with another truck to see if that helped. My dealer disagreed with GM and said that they trouble shot all of the problems back to a faulty Yaw sensor. Since they replaced it, i haven't had a problem.

Moral of the story, if you have the same issues, ask the dealer to check out the yaw sensor, since GM doesn't lead them there initially.
Old June 27th, 2007, 8:50 PM
CF Veteran

HVAC will not provide the desired comfort level when in AUTO mode...

Here is the TSB However keep in mind that this will only effect the operation of the HVAC while you are in the AUTO mode and since you aren't a big fan of the Auto mode you are likely not going to experiance any difference.

Document ID# 1860902
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe - 4WD

[hr]
[align=left]Subject: Automatic HVAC System Set Temperature Does Not Provide Comfort (Update HVAC Control Module Software) #06-01-39-008 - (09/07/2006)[/align][align=left]Models: 2007 Cadillac Escalade Models[/align][align=left]
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe[/align][align=left]
2007 GMC Yukon Models[/align][align=left]
with Automatic Temperature Control HVAC System (RPO CJ2)[/align]

[hr]
Condition Some customers may comment that they have to adjust the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system set temperature lower to get the system to blow cool air. For example: If the customer wants to keep the in vehicle temperature at 22°C (72°F), they may have to reset the HVAC control head temperature setting to 18°C (65°F) or lower to achieve the desired 22°C (72°F). Cause This condition may be caused by an HVAC control module software anomaly. Correction Do This Don't Do This Update the HVAC control module software. Do not replace any HVAC system components. Technicians are to reprogram the HVAC control module with new service calibrations contained in TIS version 5.0 or later, which has already been released. Refer to the HVAC Control Module Programming and Setup procedure in SI for more information. As always, make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version. Warranty Information For vehicles repaired under warranty, use: Labor Operation Description Labor Time D4707 HVAC Control Head Module or Assembly Reprogramming with SPS Use Published Labor Operation Time Add Diagnosis Time GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 4:23 PM
CF Veteran

Problem:
Upon a cold start (6 or more hours not started) chirping starts. The sound is comming from the a/c compressor area.

Reprogram:
Have your dealer reprogram your PCM with a newly released (yesterday 10/01/2007) software calibration.
The cause of the chirp is the A/C compressor pushing liquid (as apposed to gaseous) refrigerant thru the system, the new calibration will adjust the cycling of the compressor to eliminate this noise.

They can reference STB # 07-01-38-010 for further instruction/information.

ZX
Old November 3rd, 2007, 3:21 AM
CF Beginner

Problem: The drivers side seat has not been retracting when exiting the vehicle as set up. I have it set up as one of my standard functions. I've only had the car for 2 weeks and it stopped responding even after setting up the function again. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old November 3rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to TF. You might get more response if you post this as a new thread.
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:39 PM
CF Beginner

Still learning my way around the site guys, I had a 06 Subaru Sti sold it for my new 07 Denali......Have a concern right outta the gate. The Denali is brand new 137 miles to be exact. Problem: the roof lining right behind the rear DVD player bounces around like a trampoline or something, and makes a crap load of noise.....? Holy sheet is this really what $50k gets me..?

Any help would be appreciated,

JASON
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

Welcome to the forum. This has been discussed in other threads and I think the solution entailed pulling the rear dome lite and either stuffing a sock between the headliner and the roof (bubba way) or resticking the original foam with double sided tape.
Old December 13th, 2007, 10:48 PM
CF Beginner

Hey man,

I'm having a problem with my engine going into 4 cyl mode. It will go in for a few seconds, than go into 8 cyl

mode, It goes back and forth.

This is what I did........ mine came with 265x70x17 tires/wheels. I went to les schwab and got new wheels and

tires the same exact size, only chrome. After i did this im having prolblems with the 4/8 cly mode.

any ideas, will the dealer reset the computer. Please let me know....................
Old December 14th, 2007, 4:33 PM
CF Veteran

Most vehicles will fluctuate between the two. Get on the interstate and get it up to speed. Then find an area where you can almost coast. If you are on the gas keep a light touch. It should go into 4 cyl and stay until you hit a grade or press on the gas too firmly to maintain or increase speed.

Quick Reply: reprogram list for 07s