Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.
Old July 22nd, 2015, 1:05 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting
Print Wikipost

Spyder HALO Projector Lights

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2011, 1:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the chrome HALO headlamp assembly. Again, it just blends a lot better with the mega-Whiteness on the Suburban. I think the darker colors (Black / Midnight Blue / even Beige) would look a lot better with the black assembly!
Old August 15th, 2011, 8:54 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Ravent25
Im looking at buy a new set aswell. I hate that no one make a smoked lens like my light have now, that one of the reasons I bought them!! did you get the chrome or black housings..
The Sonars come in Chrome with Smoked Lens, just search on ebay.
Sonar Smoked Halo Projector Head Lights+LED Tail Lights | eBay
Old August 16th, 2011, 10:03 AM
CF Beginner

Default smoked lens

I bought a set like that and was told that the hid kit would not fit.
Old September 20th, 2011, 9:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For a guy with a stock 2008 suburban, whats an easy way to get much brighter high and low beams?
Old September 26th, 2011, 7:52 PM
CF Beginner

You can get some high out put PIAA bulbs, or sylvania makes a great line of silverstar bulbs, id recommend the silverstar ultra, or the new silverstar zxe, and these you could find at your local auto part store. I wouldn't put Hids in the stock headlights because the reflective system will not be able to focus the light properly, producing much glare onto on coming traffic.

Look into either PIAA or Sylvania silverstar bulbs, they are 50% brighter and produce a very bright white crisp light.
Old September 27th, 2011, 6:29 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long do these high output bulbs last compared to regular bulbs?
Old November 2nd, 2011, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Voltex motoring

Hey, I'm new to the site, so if this is stupid go easy. I just got in a set of black LED projectors for my 2011 silverado. The set is made by sonar and the box says spyder on it. They came with regular halogen bulbs in them, but this set also comes with 2 slim ballast HIDs, with H1 bulbs. My question is has anybody put a complete kit like this in? My stock headlights are always on when in drive, does anybody know how this set performs? Also it says proffessional installation highly recomended, and there is no relay included. Is there a danger with wiring it all up like this? And how many hours should a body shop charge for instalation? Just wondering what you guys might know. I will post pics, but this is on my iPhone and I don't see the option.
Old November 17th, 2011, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by akbond007
Hey, I'm new to the site, so if this is stupid go easy. I just got in a set of black LED projectors for my 2011 silverado. The set is made by sonar and the box says spyder on it. They came with regular halogen bulbs in them, but this set also comes with 2 slim ballast HIDs, with H1 bulbs. My question is has anybody put a complete kit like this in? My stock headlights are always on when in drive, does anybody know how this set performs? Also it says proffessional installation highly recomended, and there is no relay included. Is there a danger with wiring it all up like this? And how many hours should a body shop charge for instalation? Just wondering what you guys might know. I will post pics, but this is on my iPhone and I don't see the option.
I'm new to the forum too, but have done plenty of HID installs on previous vehicles.

The HID installs are pretty straight forward, if you can follow dirrections then you can install the unit with no problem. Running the HID during the daytime should burn the bulbs out any faster than normal. my last car, I ran the bulbs ALL the time (morning, day and night). I had to replace one bulb in a span of 3yrs, only because it flickered at start up. You could pay a pro, but the install is so simple that it would be a waste of money IMO.
Old November 18th, 2011, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by themierduh

Now ive been debating if looking cool in someones rear view mirror is worth sacrificing road visibility at night.

It's an age-old dilemma. We pretty-up our vehicles (yes they look splendid as they sit there after we've detailed/modified them) but we can't readily appreciate the spectacle of ourselves in motion nor the dynamic performance and appearance of our carefully tended trucks and cars as we put them through their paces. I've considered hiring a chase-driver and camera person to train my HD camcorder on my new Tahoe as I motor along.

I was accustomed to having my brothers drive my car or truck past me under varying amounts of throttle so as to gauge what the general public sees and hears as I grace them with my presence.

Last edited by Nostromo; November 18th, 2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: beginner's boo-boo fix; spelling
Old March 19th, 2012, 9:15 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by themierduh
you should be fine with the 8k, they are like a light blue, not that deep blue all the risers drive around with, where did you get them?
manyadeal.com is your best choice !!!!
Good luck !

Quick Reply: Spyder HALO Projector Lights