Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

2001 Chevy Tracker Soft Top frame

Search this Thread

Old February 8th, 2019, 5:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Chevy Tracker Soft Top frame

I recently purchased a 2001 tracker ZR2 and it didn't have a top on it or the frame for one and everywhere I've found online only sells the tops and no framework. Does anyone know where I can find factory framework online, or have any for sale?
Old February 11th, 2019, 1:57 AM
CF Beginner

The only parts of the hardware I've been able to find were hundreds of dollars, and with the added cost of the soft top itself, I'd just go for a Rally Hardtop. Only downside is that you can't open or close it while you're out and about since it's a hard top and you'd really have no place to put it. If this isn't an issue for ya, that's what I'd go for. Or, if you'd like a more "Tracker" look with your hard top and you're willing to spend a little more, go to cartops.com. They're pretty nice, and have the same shape of the soft top, only hard.

Edit: I don't actually have experience with these hard tops, but I've spoken with some who have. The people that owned my Tracker before me screwed up the hardware, with the components broken or plain missing, so they put sheetmetal screws to hold the messed up soft top on. I plan on getting a Rally top for it.

Last edited by zbeamanx2; February 11th, 2019 at 1:59 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2019, 1:47 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

i have a car tops top. very cool fits good. car tops does not make them all the time. i had to convince the owner to make mine i believe he made more 1 at the time he made mine but that was 1 year ago. he will tell you the finish will have some small defects it did but it looks very nice still. i was not worried about the finish because it is on my 4x4 and does get beat up. it does cost alot more than other ones but looks the way it should on the car. it is made in canada so it has to go through customs and will add more time and cost on shipping. i do have my old soft top and frame and im willing to part with it. my car is a 2000 tracker 2 door. this is my first time on this site i dont check it often my email is bigmark8@yahoo.com