Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

pulling right in 4wd

Search this Thread

Old November 29th, 2014, 6:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulling right in 4wd

just purchased a 2001 4x4 tracker and it pulls to the right when in 4 wheel drive. I assume that the right front wheel is engaging but not the left. It does not appear that there are hubs on this unit and the axles seem to be solidly connected to the rotor hub assembly. I would think that there must be a issue in the front diff. help???
Old December 2nd, 2014, 9:09 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Tracker! I just purchased mine 12 months ago and luv the vehicle. I had several issues regarding the front end. Hopefully yours will be easy to resolve. I suggest you first check the front Disc Brakes. Mine started seizing shortly after I bought it from the dealer---due to sticking/rusty caliper pins. And this, despite the fact the previous owner had just done the pads the year before based upon a receipt I found in the glove box. Too bad the shop failed to do a complete job. Maybe one side is locking up on you--and yes, make sure you look at the caliper pins.
#2--The front end drive is made operational by an air pump located behind the front bumper. The air hose runs to the Diff. A light should show 4WD and not flicker. For this and the rest of 4x4, I am showing a link here for the Suzuki forum. You Tracker is of Suzuki origin and their forum is very useful. 4 Wheel Drive problems to include early (thru '04) XL-7's. Tech / repair info here... - Suzuki Forums: Suzuki Forum Site

JR