Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Service engine light

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2010, 1:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Service engine light

My 1999 Tracker's service engine light just came on at 162, thousand miles. I have read on a forum somewhere that the service engine lights are set to come on by the manufacturer. As to generate business in service departments of their dealerships. Question is? Is this the case or is something wrong with my Tracker that needs attention? I have had no issues with the car! Other than a major vibration on reverse, and while it sitting still. But it is believed that this is the motor and or Transmission mounts that need replacing. Or is it? And this was happening way before the service engine light came on!
If anyone out there has any suggestions on these issues please feel free to reply!
Also I need to find the braces that hold the rag top onto the back of the tracker! It comes in two seperate pieces that bolts onto the car, and the ragtop tab fits under it. I have searched high and low for these pieces! So if anyone knows where to get it... Fill me in!

Last edited by Bridgett Jenkins; October 6th, 2010 at 1:19 PM.
Old October 15th, 2010, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If there is an Autozone near you, they will read your codes for free. Other nationally known auto parts franchises may do the same. The check engine light comes on when there is an emissions problem. It could be as minor as replacing the gas cap.