Go Back  Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevy Truck, SUV & Vans > Tracker
Reload this Page >

Stopped running after 30 min of driving

Notices
Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Stopped running after 30 min of driving

Old March 11th, 2019, 1:51 PM
CF Beginner

Have yet to pull any of those yet, but will keep monitoring and i value the knowledge very much.

As i had her leave the car with me today, i am going to try to re-create the issue in hopes of learning something more. My guess is i won't and that, as you narrowed the possibilities down, it is either a bad regulator or pump. In the meantime, Rock Auto was dumping a line of regulators that fit this car at about $27 a piece with two left, so i ordered one. I think i still am going to pick up that gauge from Harbor Freight, as this isn't the first vehicle i could have used one on-

Thank-you, and will advise progress!

Last edited by brucemc777; March 11th, 2019 at 1:52 PM. Reason: Spelink
Old March 12th, 2019, 11:50 AM
CF Beginner

Ran the darned thing in idle for an hour yesterday, half the time with full a/c and radio, wouldn't die for me. I HATE intermittent problems!

Next attempt to more accurately replicate circumstances is to drive it on the highway for a half hour, then let it sit in idle.

My wife wants me to dump it for another car, but i kind of like the little thing - the engine looks relatively easy to work on; hope the same goes for the brakes (no present problems, but at some point i am bound to need to handle).
Old March 13th, 2019, 3:03 PM
CF Junior Member

Before changing the catalytic converter(s) it is well worth watching this 15 minute video. Harbor Freight sells these infrared thermometers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...UQAg#kpvalbx=1
Old March 13th, 2019, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

Excellent video! I believe i can get live data readings of my O2 sensors (though i am not positive), but i always wanted a good enough excuse to get an IR thermometer.

You will love this - Besides buying the Tracker about 10 days or so ago, yesterday i bought a 2007 Nissan Versa for another daughter (No, i don't spoil them, they get to pay us payments back). Today it threw a P0420...

Search this Thread
Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: