TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

03 TB LS NO start

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2011, 10:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 03 TB LS NO start

The wife took the tb for a short ride and it stalled, i towed it back home and when i turn the key the rpm and spedo gauges go wild and the throttle body is clicking along with the neutral safety switch. At first i could hear the fuel pump running and it would start but die shortly after. Now the fuel pump no longer runs. Any thoughts? THANKS!!!
Old August 7th, 2011, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

possibly the vcm/bcm went bad you should have advanced auto parts plug in a tec II and see what it says.. The bcm controls the ignition as well, without that i know you can not start the vehicle. try to unplug the bcm under the passenger seat in the back behind the drivers seat and turn the key to turn on all the electronics then turn it back to turn off the electronics and plug it back in which might reset the bcm. If that dont work you can try unplugging both the battery terminals then try that method. If you plug in the code reader and it doesnt get a reading at all most likely it is a bad bcm. I am currently having problems with my bcm as well.
Old August 7th, 2011, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

I unplugged the bcm and did that also i unhooked the battery, had no effect to my problems. There is no power most of the time to the starter however sometimes it will roll over. Also the fuel pump will no longer run.
Old August 7th, 2011, 10:45 PM
CF Beginner

well if you checed all sensors, relays and fuses and you are still having major electrical issues i would recommend to get your bcm flashed or replaced because that is the only thing i know of that would cause such problems. i just reset my bcm which fixed a few problems in my trailblazer but now i have to install a new throttle body control unit.
Old August 9th, 2011, 4:58 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up 03 TB LS NO start

Finally the problem is fixed! I tested the ignition starter switch and it tested fine, picked up a new one just to be sure and installed it and sure enough it started right up