TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

04 Trailblazer overheating.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 12:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. I have made sure that there's nothing blocking the air flow. I'm starting to wonder if I have an issue with a fan clutch resistor or something along those lines. When I first started the engine before, the fan would start on high speed and within a minute dropped back down to low speed. Now I don't hear it change to higher speed at all. It appears to stay at a constant speed even at higher temperatures.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 1:50 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Gsierra11
Yes. I have made sure that there's nothing blocking the air flow. I'm starting to wonder if I have an issue with a fan clutch resistor or something along those lines. When I first started the engine before, the fan would start on high speed and within a minute dropped back down to low speed. Now I don't hear it change to higher speed at all. It appears to stay at a constant speed even at higher temperatures.
Might be that cleaning the electric clutch connector on top of the radiator could solve your issue.

Search this Thread