TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

08 Chevy Trailblazer stalls at stops, Shifts HARD, and ignition sticks

Search this Thread

Old October 16th, 2014, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 08 Chevy Trailblazer stalls at stops, Shifts HARD, and ignition sticks

Hello, I have a 2008 Chevy TB LT 5.3 V8. It has 84,000 miles.

Having many issues with my TB.

First off- It started to shift extremely hard through all gears. Then, it started to lunge forward while stopped and I had to apply the break harder. As time went on it started to die at stops and in park. Coming to a stop my RMP's would drop and come back up and sometimes would die. Its only getting worse.
I've had in diagnosed by a local Chevy dealership service center and the first day of diagnostics the tech couldn't get it to act up so I had to drive it. First they told me it was an ignition switch then after 10 minutes they changed the story to the MAPS sensor. I replaced the MAPS sensor and it's still acting up. I took it back to the dealership a week later they put it on the machine again. They told me THEY GUARANTEED IT WAS THE TORQUE CONVERTER. I had the torque converter, filter, oil replaced, and front pump seal
Didn't help.
Now, when I start the TB, the ignition sticks. WITHOUT my hand on the ignition or key. It just keeps cranking over then finally starts.

So I've replaced the MAPS sensor, torque converter, filter, oil, and pump seal.

The only codes that show up are
c0244 ABS history PWM Delivered Torque Malfunction
p0106 manifold absolute pressure/BARO sensor range performance

I'm in need of help. It's truly stressing me. I don't have any clue what's wrong with it. I've read and read but nothing is helping
Old October 25th, 2014, 9:09 PM
CF Active Member

for the stalling pull the throttle body thoroughly clean and then either pull pcm fuses 10 and 28 or disconnect the battery for 30 minutes. Your other problem where it keeps cranking without having the key turned is normal operation , thats the way these cars work in the owners manual) , once your turn that key you can let go it will keep cranking until it starts or like 20-15 seconds then it should shutoff if it hasnt started . Cant tell you why its starting hard though.
Old October 26th, 2014, 5:16 AM
CF Beginner

FIXED IT... $800 later
new torque converter, transmission filter, trans oil, front pump seal, two front oxygen sensors, 2 MAP SENSORS, pig tail off MAP SENSOR, OIL CHANGE, two diagnostic fees from Chevy dealer, three weeks of headache.

Turns out the wire harness that runs down and goes into the computer was in between the "A frame" 4 wires was rubbed away to nothing and one crimped wire. every time the motor shift to reverse it would die do to the shift of the motor(the pull on the wires) and going over bumps.
NEEDLESS TO SAY - IT WAS SOMETHING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN FIXED FOR LITTLE TO NOTHING!! And the GM / CHEVY DEALER LIED AND ARE IDIOTS!