TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2007 Trailblazer Transmission Problem

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2008, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Trailblazer Transmission Problem

I bought a used 2007 Trailblazer last fall, and have had a couple of issues recently with the automatic transmission that seem rather unusual. Twice now, it has been in drive, but behaved as if it was in park or reverse.

The first time this happened was after stopping at a stop sign. When I attempted to drive, the car didn’t move and instead lurched as if it was in park. I changed the gear into park and back to drive, but it wouldn’t engage. The only way to get it engaged again was to shift into reverse, accelerate the car slightly until it actually reversed, and then switch it back to drive.

The second time it occurred was also after stopping at a stop light. This time, however, when I pressed the gas pedal, the car started accelerating in reverse (not just rolling backwards). I was able to get it to drive forward again after shifting it into park, and then back into drive. Luckily, there was no one directly behind me.

The car is still under warranty, however the service department at our local dealership could not recreate the problem. They couldn’t find a fault anywhere.

If there is anyone out there with a similar issue, or any experience that could be of some help, I would greatly appreciate it. I am a newbie to this forum, and am certainly not a gearhead. If there is a better forumto post this question, let me know and I'll use it.
Old April 29th, 2008, 1:31 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 2007 Trailblazer Transmission Problem

never heard of a car going in reverse while in D... weird.
But if you dont get a reply here.... try trailvoy.com
Im sure you checked fluid level right?....
im stumped.