TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Cranks but no start

Search this Thread

Old June 24th, 2018, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cranks but no start

2002 trailblazer 4.2 motor
I have put camshaft sensor last week and 5 days later came to stop sign and just died no start.... did some diagnosing and found it might have been crankshaft sensor replaced it and started once and died a minute later and now will not restart please help
Old June 25th, 2018, 7:30 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Is the check engine light on? If so read the codes. Also look at the wires going to both sensors to check for damaged wires.
Old June 25th, 2018, 9:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Is the check engine light on? If so read the codes. Also look at the wires going to both sensors to check for damaged wires.
no check engine light is on wires look good no Fray or nothing try it again this evening and seems like it's getting like a 2/3 second burst of gas and then it just dies again turn the key off cycle it turn key back on same thing 1 or two second burst of gas and shuts back off will not start there is no check engine light on I disconnected battery going to let it sit overnight see if that does anything with the PCM on resetting it without taking it to a dealer to hook it up or mechanic to hook it up and throw away $125 need some help here I can usually figure stuff out on my own but this is got me stumped
Old June 26th, 2018, 1:43 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Are you getting fuel pressure?
Old June 26th, 2018, 9:22 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Are you getting fuel pressure?
Yes I am and why I am stumped
Old June 26th, 2018, 1:02 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Sounds like VAT's, do you have a security light?
Old June 26th, 2018, 6:09 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Sounds like VAT's, do you have a security light?
we have a security light but is only active when key is out and doors are locked then it comes on, even with this issue it has not changed
Old June 26th, 2018, 7:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Limey aka Maligoon
we have a security light but is only active when key is out and doors are locked then it comes on, even with this issue it has not changed
Not changed, does this mean it has done the same thing with the security light? Do you have a key fob (remote) that you lock/unlock the vehicle with? If so, have you used the key to unlock it with locking it remote? (fob). This still acts like a vat problem, give it a try with unlock, lock using the fob, several times
Old June 26th, 2018, 7:51 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Not changed, does this mean it has done the same thing with the security light? Do you have a key fob (remote) that you lock/unlock the vehicle with? If so, have you used the key to unlock it with locking it remote? (fob). This still acts like a vat problem, give it a try with unlock, lock using the fob, several times
we have never had a key fob since we bought it and security light has not been an issue only time its comes on is when we lock all doors and then shut drivers door but always goes off when door shuts, so kinda lost with this issue
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

This the only light that has been on i cant get it to shop for code THE SECURITY LIGHT HAS NOT BEEN / WAS NEVER ON thats why im kinda stumped resetting vats system easy peasy done..... this issue not so much I just want our truck back