TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

CTD SYSTEM ALARM NOT WORKING

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2008, 11:23 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CTD SYSTEM ALARM NOT WORKING

Hi,
Everyone has any one check in there TB CTD (CONTENT THEFT DETERRENT ) SYSTEM is functioning or not.I tried to lock the vehicle with driver side window down to check alarm is working or not,but when i did that i try to open the door from inside.the horn doesn't honk,lights does't flashes.Even i checked three to four vehicles of diffrent modelsfrom 05 to 08.As per RPO codes 08 model has options of CTD.And the description and operation says to verify the above way to check the system.

Can you buddies check in your vehicle to confirm its working or not.Or can anyone tell mehow the system should work.or anyone knows this system isworking or not for gulf market,or its only for north american market.any tought would be appreciated.thanks in advance.
Old August 6th, 2008, 12:37 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CTD SYSTEM ALARM NOT WORKING

thats how I always thought it worked...
and thats how I tested it.....
Old August 6th, 2008, 8:50 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Lock the truck with the switch, close the door, and wait for the theft light to change from on solid to flashing. Reach in through the window, unlock the door manually, and open the door. That should set the alarm off, if equipt
Old August 7th, 2008, 8:07 AM
CF Junior Member

Thanks shawnvw i was expecting input from you,because you are GM certified.the way you shown above,i have tried that too.after locking the truck BCM goes in sleeping mode right?and CTD light should keep flashing on cluster,but its not flashing,only small LED light keep blinking on audio set.when i reach in through the window,unlock the door manually from inside,and open the door nothing is happening.as per RPO codes it has option,but why its not working iam confused.checked alarm sensor,checked parameters on tech 2 in body,bcm security data.ctd its showing both parameters off.any thoughts from GM technicians?
Old August 7th, 2008, 2:44 PM
Banned

whats the vin number of the truck? i'll run it to see if the vehicle was built with the alarm. Maybe the SPID label was changed at one time
Old August 8th, 2008, 6:54 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi
Shawnvw Thanks I Appreciate your response,well i did checked vin in GMVIS and its showing AUO RPOCODE which i confirm in vehicle glovebox.If you still needvin #i will post it tomorrow.
Old August 10th, 2008, 8:37 PM
Banned

AUO is "Lock Control, Entry - Remote Entry" NOT the option for the alarm.
If the vehicle has the alarm it will have RPO code UA6 "Theft Deterrent System"
that would explain why the alarm doesn't work on your vehicle
Old August 11th, 2008, 12:13 PM
CF Junior Member

I'am sorry shawnvw i was supposed to get the vin #but i was too busy on diffrent job of AVEO wiring.well tomorrow i will find out
if there is any RPO code UA6 "Theft Deterrent System" I don't think so because there was no communication of TDM showing on tech 2 before.thanks for relpy i will be back.
Old August 12th, 2008, 11:42 AM
CF Junior Member

Hi
Today again I checked in GMVIS There is no RPO Code UA6 ‘’ THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM It has RPO Code AU0 –REMOTE KEYLESS ENTRY (INCLUDES THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM)and I’m sure there is no TDM on ignition key cylinder, it has CTD System which is control by BCM .I’m still wondering if it has CTD why there is no RPO Code in vehicle build list.
How the system should work? How do I confirm its working properly or not.
Any thought?