TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Drivers door locked shut.

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2020, 10:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers door locked shut.

Hello I am new to the forum, I am having a issue with my driver side acess door. The issue is as follows...

I picked my truck up from getting my drivers door repaired for broken hinge welds. upon retrieving my truck everything worked fine my door opened and closed as it should and then I put it in drive and the door locked, now my door will not unlock or open both rods are attached for the handle and lock, when I hit the lock button I can here the actuator make its normal noise but the door still will not open...

I am wondering if this has anything to do with the fact that my gear shifter dose not lock into park and will not allow me to turn my key all of the way off all other doors open and close fine.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to get the door to open so I can replace the latch my bank account is already starting to sweat behind this issue and I'm starting to lose my hair and temper.

Also I forgot to say that I have tried my external key lock it did not work...

And any tips to fix my gear shifter would be much appreciated.
Old April 27th, 2020, 7:30 AM
CF Monarch

Received 353 Likes on 334 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Double check everything as it sounds like one of the rods came off or the actuator rod came off. You might have to replace the lock assembly.