TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Fake dead battery

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2012, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fake dead battery

I have an 08 Trailblazer, V6 Vortech. Bought used in 2010, Wife called & said she had a dead battery, jump started it, and had alternator and battery checked. Both checked out fine, runs at about 14 volt read out. Started slower this morning, like the battery suffered a drain over night. Any thoughts????
Old March 15th, 2012, 5:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Tomcat251,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with the battery on your Trailblazer. Could you please PM me the VIN number of the vehicle, I would like to look into this issue further for you.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old March 15th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either is has corroded cable bolts or who ever tested the battery and alternator did not have a reliable tester. You must remove the cables from the battery to check the bolts.
Old March 16th, 2012, 7:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check on the vin #, not with me right now however, the jump start was instantanious. No wait time, all lights & guages worked, started fine 4 hours earlier, then just intermintant clicking or nothing at all. hooked the battery up to a tender and instant start up. It sat overnight, started right up in the morning, no problem. This just happened suddenly, and at random.