TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Please help No 3rd or 4th gear 02 Trail blazer

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2017, 1:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please help No 3rd or 4th gear 02 Trail blazer

Hello,
My name is Michelle.
My 02 trailblazer has been running fine. Yesterday I drove to store no issues , I got back in car started to drive and my car wouldnt go in 3rd or 4th gear and there is no check engine light on. I dropped transmission pan , no smells, fluid still red. I changed solenoid A&B, and changed filter. The filter was my problem couldn't get it to stay on, realized it was wrong one, got correct one but again it wasn't staying in very well. Got everything back togeather. Still no 3rd or 4th gear but drives great in 1st n 2nd but got new symptom now ( fluid seems to be coming up and out dip stick pipe. Also when I check fluid level there is bubbles making it hard to get correct reading... i pulled pcm fuses , all tcb fuses , unhooked battery for 30 mins.
I'm lost and I have no idea what the issue is ...
I have replace both cam and throttle body sensors I cleaned maf n throttle body. New air filter n plugs , just did oil change.. I love my car ... I noticed the other day on freeway I was going 70 but everyone was flying passed me , not sure if that helps ..
Not sure if this is related but I found oil in my vvt solenoid plug , I cleaned it out and pulled it out as far as I could and noticed shell was spinning and planned on changing it but haven't yet .. I just can't believe it's anything serious and I'm not sure what else to do and I hate to take to shop. Please if anyone can help I am willing to listen n try anything cuz I'm going have take to shop and honestly I pride myself In Fixing my own car and am beside myself I can't figure this problem out.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Michelle13; February 13th, 2017 at 1:40 AM.
Old February 17th, 2017, 6:04 PM
CF Active Member

go over to gmtnation.com, you'll get quicker answers . Not a lot of people use this board .
Old February 18th, 2017, 8:49 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

I had a 03 Trailblazer with a similar problem in the transmission at just over 50,000 miles. I also changed the solenoids with no help. The valve body was bad. The bore where the solenoid went was rough and wouldn't allow the solenoid to move. I had to have the transmission rebuilt.
Old November 25th, 2018, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

Is the valve body usually part of the rebuild?
Old November 26th, 2018, 7:44 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

In a rebuild they have to replace whatever is bad. The cost of the rebuild will depend on the shop that you take it to.
Old November 26th, 2018, 8:17 AM
CF Beginner

I'm asking because I had my trailblazer trans rebuilt in January this year and 8k miles later Its showing very similar symptoms as it did with a bad 3/4 clutch pack but if I shift it manually, it works fine. No slips. Guy who built it says there could be a spec of debris in one of the valves not allowing it to move and grab 3rd gear but when I rev higher and shift it manually the higher fluid pressure forces the valve to move letting the trans grab 3rd. I'm curious if I just changed the fluid, filter, and valve body if it would help fix this issue. The guy who built it hasn't returned a phone call in the last 3 weeks
Old November 27th, 2018, 6:47 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by vipergg22
go over to gmtnation.com, you'll get quicker answers . Not a lot of people use this board .
Probably be a lot quicker if these posters quit using female handles. Dont know that many women who can work on vehicles. Gonna stop responding to those who do
from now on, matter of fact.These"damsels in distress" are gonna have to up their MALE game, cuase it aint working for me anymore. Go to a shop will be my responce.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Probably be a lot quicker if these posters quit using female handles. Dont know that many women who can work on vehicles. Gonna stop responding to those who do
from now on, matter of fact.These"damsels in distress" are gonna have to up their MALE game, cuase it aint working for me anymore. Go to a shop will be my responce.
I'm not understanding....what's the point of guys pretending to be females? Is it so that they don't feel dumb asking questions? I'm truly a female I'm having this same problem with my 07 trailblazer. Shifts perfectly fine from 1st to second as well as reverse but after 2nd it seems to drop into neutral. This happened all of a sudden. No problems whatsoever with tranny prior. I was really hoping it wasn't the 3/4 clutch pack because I can't afford a rebuild and to be honest it's not worth it at this point with this POS. But it's my only vehicle is there a possibility of it being something else?