TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Rear lift gate/key fob issues

Search this Thread

Old June 12th, 2013, 5:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear lift gate/key fob issues

Hi all,

I just recently picked up a sweet Trailblazer. This truck is in amazing shape, even though it's an '02. Clean inside and out. I bought it knowing that the lift gate didn't work, but as I got to know the truck realized it's more than just that. The key fob doesn't function, the lift gate and rear window won't open, and the rear defrost and wiper doesn't work.

I first replaced the battery in the key fob. Then replaced the key fob. The truck itself does not respond when I try to program the key fobs, even though the key fobs have been tested (so I know that's not the issue).

Getting on the forums, I found that the Lift Gate Module was a common issue with the Trailblazers, so I ordered a used one (in order to avoid having to have it programmed at the stealership) and just installed that.

Nothing. Gah!!

Do I need to replace the Body Control Module? Something else?

Help!!

Much thanks~

Therese
Old March 13th, 2014, 8:42 AM
CF Beginner

Default Having the same issue

Greetings,
Thanks for putting your information in regard to the tailgate issues. I have a 2006 and have had it since 22K miles. I have over 155K and it's still going strong but every now and then it has a mind of its own. Please let me know what was the fix to the issue.
Old March 14th, 2014, 4:04 AM
CF Beginner

If you open the back gate, at the top you will see a black plastic cover where the wires that run the back wiper, lift gate, etc. are. There are 5 wires in there, and 2 of them had broken. Very easy fix, I just had to strip the broken wires, reattach them, and tape them back together.

From what I understand this is a common issue since those wires are in the crack of the gate and even with the rubber protecting them they get wear and tear.

Hope this helps.

Therese