TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

Trailblazer BCM question

Search this Thread

Old June 22nd, 2020, 7:53 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailblazer BCM question

When replacing a BCM for 2005 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4.2L.
I have been told the replacement BCM P/N has to match but do the color codes on the replacement BCM have to match also?

I purchased this Trailblazer with my son as a fixer upper. Ever since we got the vehicle to start it you have to press the key FOB unlock button then turn the key or the vehicle will not start.
Also to start the the vehicle you can click the drivers door unlock button then turn the key to start the vehicle. We don't like using the drivers door unlock button to start the vehicle because some times the motor starter will turn if the key if in the acc.
Checked all the other vehicle doors unlock buttons only the drivers door will unlock and key FOB unlock button will unlock the vehicle security then turn the key to start the vehicle. WEIRD!

Also I connect my bi directional scanner to the trailblazer and try to connect to the BCM I get a connection lost a few seconds after I connect to the BCM and try to read data.

So I figure it has to be BCM?

I'm new to this forum and appreciate your help and feedback.

Thank you,
Troy