Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2010 Traverse USB doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old November 7th, 2010, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read it

Thanks for the link, I had read over this and experimented with airplane mode and everything else I could extract from this link prior to my little rant. Unless there is something specific you are referring to, not sure this was much help.
Old December 30th, 2011, 8:34 AM
CF Beginner

Default USB Query

I have a BRAND NEW 2500 HD Silverado with cd/radio and USB port just below the head unit (in place of secondary 12V power cigarette plug). As I am just learning all of the new "gadgets" my truck has I plugged my 3rd Gen Ipod Touch into the USB port and it floored me! How fricken cool is it that I can control my entire music selection on the Ipod from the car stereo...it worked for about 15 minutes and then as I was cycling through the song list the text on the head unit froze and a USB CORRUPT error message came up in place of the song titles. WHAT!!!! THIS TRUCK IS 2 DAYS OLD!. I unplugged the Ipod from the usb port on the truck, plugged it back in and no USB device could be found. I immediately called the dealership who in turn had know idea (pictured him scratching is head with a very puzzled look)...his response was "huh..technology eh!" So on my way home from work I stopped at a different dealership who took the vehicle in right away, I waited for about an hour (found this site while waiting) and they handed my keys back and said they had to re-program the on-board computer...it works wonderfully now, no issues! In reading blogs from others it seems to be a firmware issue between Apple and GM. Sounds to me like Detroit's Engineers need to get on the horn with Silicone Valley PRONTO! Other than that I absolutely love my new truck!
Old December 30th, 2011, 6:36 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I am happy to hear you were able to get the issue with your USB fixed. Unfortunately, when it comes to device drivers, there may be hiccups with certain devices. It's great to hear that all that was needed was a software upgrade.

Thanks for sharing! I'm sure your post will help other with the same issue.

Enjoy your new truck!

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 26th, 2012, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

If IPhone 4S isn’t working with USB, Then on your IPhone go to, “Settings “ then select “General” then go to “Reset” and then select,” Reset Network Settings” It will re-set and begin searching for your network again. Hook it back up to you USB and it will work. I was a little freaked out at hitting the re-set but it worked fine. I looked everywhere for a fix and found that this had worked for someone, though I would re-post so that you don’t have to dig for hours like I did.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
Old March 24th, 2013, 3:23 AM
CF Beginner

Just a note, I have 3 diffrent I-Pod touch one 5th gen and two older ones. The 5th gen and one old one both have the same problem. You plug them in and everything works fine until you turn the vehicle off and back on it wont pick up the I-Pod. Now one of the older one works flawlessly. The ONLY thing I can find between the 3 is that the one that works has not been updated. Its still running on 4.1 while the other two are 5.1 and 6.1. Not much to go on but from what I can guess is that Apples ne updates are not compatible with the software in the vehicle