Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2014 Traverse V6 LT AWD overheating

Search this Thread

Old August 4th, 2023, 4:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Traverse V6 LT AWD overheating

My car will slowly start to show over heating on the idiot gauge on the dash. It will start to climb at an idle or driving till it reaches or nearly reaches the 225-235 plus range. It does this with no A/C running. Add A/C and it climbs a bit more. Turn on heat and it drops a bit. It does fluctuate up and down but very small fluctuations. I have changed the temp sensor 2 times. Changed water pump for the fun of it. Thermostat 2 times. The original t-stat was stuck. Which is what I thought was the issue. The 1st new one I thought wouldnt open enough. No flow (Murry brand). The latest one seems to be working. How much should the flow be at operating temps? I actually got ill with the t-stat thing over the flow when a operational temps. So i bolted the housing back on without the thermostat installed to see how if it had water pump coolant flow. It definitely had flow. Changed the coolant. New radiator cap. I don't see any signs of a head gasket issue.
The fans had an issue. I changed the relays and all is well with that. The serpentine belt is brand new.
I am basically down to changing the radiator. I have watched the flow of coolant under the cap. It doesn't seem very agitated when the t-stat is opened. I would think when at operating temps it would flow pretty fast. Maybe make a swirly in the neck! Could this just be an indicating problem with the temp sensor or it wiring/cannon plug?

Anyway, I'm about to go nuts with this thing. 🤪 any suggestions??