Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2020 Traverse Climate Control Not Adjusting to correct temp

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2022, 10:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2020 Traverse Climate Control Not Adjusting to correct temp

Hi all,
My Traverse constantly has a mind of its own on climate control. I was 30 degrees today and i have the climate set to 68 degrees in the car and it will not stop blowing hot air no matter how low I turn down the temperature and it must have been well over 68 degrees in the car as I was practically sweating during my trip. It also will turn the heated seats on automatically. This is very frustrating! I do not have the climate set on auto and even when it is set there it still does what it likes. In the summer the AC will blow ice cold some days and others it will take forever to come on. Thanks for help in advance. Fyi this is the 3LT climate system.
Old November 17th, 2022, 1:40 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by joeman001
Hi all,
My Traverse constantly has a mind of its own on climate control. I was 30 degrees today and i have the climate set to 68 degrees in the car and it will not stop blowing hot air no matter how low I turn down the temperature and it must have been well over 68 degrees in the car as I was practically sweating during my trip. It also will turn the heated seats on automatically. This is very frustrating! I do not have the climate set on auto and even when it is set there it still does what it likes. In the summer the AC will blow ice cold some days and others it will take forever to come on. Thanks for help in advance. Fyi this is the 3LT climate system.
What happens if you shut all the climate control dials to "OFF"?