Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Traverse Climate control settings for remote start

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2013, 2:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traverse Climate control settings for remote start

We have a 2013 Traverse and live in South Florida so when I do a remote start, I want the AC blasting. According to the owner's manual, the only way to achieve this is to have your climate control set to auto or to have your fan settings on high when you turn the car off. I don't like the auto setting when I'm driving because in this hot climate, it just keeps the fans on high all the time! On the other hand, I never remember to turn the fans up to high when I'm turning the car off. Over the summer, we rented a GMC Acadia for a month. Absolutely identical to the Traverse- just a different body. The remote start however automatically set the climate control to its highest fan settings without me having to do anything (and I never had the auto setting on). I asked the dealer about this and all they could do is tell me what I had already read in the owners manual. Does anybody know why there would be a difference between the 2 cars or how to adjust the settings on my car?